Hello! Welcome to Keeping Up with the Joneses. Thanks for stopping by! We're a young couple living in the East Arkansas/Memphis area otherwise known as The Delta, with a love for family, friends, faith and food.

We believe that some of the best memories are created at home around the dinner table, and when entertaining those you love. This little blog is where I share recipes, wine, our home and our life. Enjoy! -Kendall

What You'll Find:

I love to try new recipes. In fact, I rarely make the same thing twice. I'm a bona-fide cookbook collector, Pinterest addict and magazine aficionado. On the blog, you'll see what I've got cooking.

I love wine, y'all, so from time to time I feature bottles I've loved. Crafts and decorating our little house are passions of mine, so you may see some of that. Thanks for stopping by!

Visions of peppermints dance in my head....

I love Christmas. For lots of reasons.

One of them is the fact that people get together and have fun parties during this time of year. The holidays are also full of lots and lots of delicious foods and treats. I have decided to capitalize on that, so I've asked all of my friends to bake me something.
Just for me.

ChristmasSweets01

I'm kidding.

Instead, I'm having a
Holiday Treats Exchange on Sunday. You've heard of a cookie exchange, same idea, just not limited to cookies. I like to keep my options open like that.

6a00d8341c578853ef0120a595c3a2970b-800wi
And I've decided that my 'theme' is peppermints and candy canes, with punches of the color green.


Picture 1
This is my cute invitation. Michelle at work helped me. She's fab.

I'll be serving on cute things like this...
2415052

2415078
(both Pier 1)


There will be plenty of candy canes on hand...

ss_SS05927


These are the types of desserts that got me inspired over the past few weeks. Every time I saw something I liked, I saved it to a file. It seems peppermints are everywhere this time of year!!


md103814_1208_com_pepp_l
Chocolate Peppermint Cookies (via Martha Stewart)

cupcakes-ck-1559225-l
Chocolate Cupcakes with Peppermint Frosting (found here- myrecipes.com)

candy-cake-su-1559182-x
Candy Cane Cake (view at myrecipes.com)

mare_chocolate_candy_cane_cookies_v
Chocolate Candy Cane Cookies (recipe here @ bonappetit.com)


2076548930_984600c3f7
(bakerella.com)
If anyone shows up with cupcakes that beautiful, they will be asked to leave. No perfection allowed! :) I mostly just want everyone to bring something that's easy and delicious.


peppermint-brownies-su-1683593-l
I'm impressed by these Peppermint Topped Brownies (myrecipes.com)

l_R135908
While cute, I wouldn't take the time the decorate them! (bhg.com)

ss_R136488
Peppermint Cream Bites (bhg.com) sure do look delicious!


6a010535855277970b0120a6f54e8e970b-800wi
Adorable hand-made trees. Idea from bhg.com


ss_R092976
These Mini-Snowball Cakes from Better Homes & Gardens sure are festive.




Speaking of cupcakes, I hope there are some at the party...

1512-113_l
Tree from wilton.com

Kristen said she might bring crackle cookies...
ss_R122384
Mmm I'm already craving them!


6a00e00998c5c888330120a6fb6dd3970b-350wi
I think I'll serve some hot cocoa on Sunday.



I'll also get into the theme by wearing this:
20830
Umm, yeah, right! Hah!
I love themes, but not THAT much!


I'm still debating on the desserts that I'll be making, but this is what I'm almost certain I'll do:

ss_R135531
Cocoa Tassies with Peppermint Frosting (BHG.com)

AND

peppermint-bonbons-sl-1661192-l
Peppermint Bonbon Cookies (myrecipes.com)

I think I might also make TRUFFLES again and add crumbles of peppermint on top. They sure are easy and yummy!!

And no sweets party would be complete without some...

7.5milk
Ice cold milk. I plan to have it on hand.

Can't wait for Sunday! I'll be sure to post lots of pictures after of all the food, the girls, and the decor. Yay!

0 responses. Leave a Comment!:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment. I love to hear from readers and each message means a lot to me!

I respond to questions by email. If you leave a question in your comment, please make sure to list your email address or check your profile settings to ensure that it will be visible to me. I want to be able to write you back! :)