Hello! Welcome to Keeping Up with the Joneses. Thanks for stopping by! We're a young couple living in the East Arkansas/Memphis area otherwise known as The Delta, with a love for family, friends, faith and food.

We believe that some of the best memories are created at home around the dinner table, and when entertaining those you love. This little blog is where I share recipes, wine, our home and our life. Enjoy! -Kendall

What You'll Find:

I love to try new recipes. In fact, I rarely make the same thing twice. I'm a bona-fide cookbook collector, Pinterest addict and magazine aficionado. On the blog, you'll see what I've got cooking.

I love wine, y'all, so from time to time I feature bottles I've loved. Crafts and decorating our little house are passions of mine, so you may see some of that. Thanks for stopping by!

Mean Girls like Dirty Santa

Hehe. I'm giggling about my post title.

This past Friday, we had a little cs2 ladies lunch and dirty Santa gift swap. I think I've told you before, but all of the young girls at my office go to lunch together each and every Friday, without fail. Somehow, we were coined Mean Girls Lunch (I think by a guy that was jealous and wanted to come).

So, it stuck. Mean Girls. We're not mean. We're nice and we all get along fabulously!

Anyway, back to last Friday. We all went to McEwan's on Monroe in downtown Memphis. A local favorite! Here are the pics:

IMG_1809
A nice pile of gifts

IMG_1810
Claire, Jordyn and Kristen.

Wait, what's that on Claire's shoulder?

IMG_1808
Oh, it's Lisa the puppet. Lisa got stuck in a client meeting and couldn't make it.
So, Michelle (the creative genius she is) made a little puppet so that Lisa could participate.

IMG_1812
Kate was very excited about the gifts!


So, the game began while we were eating, so the pictures are kind-of spotty, but I got most of it!

IMG_1814
Gift 1 - kitchen goodies!

IMG_1817
Gift 2- from me. A lovely ornament and pretty smell-good candle.
It was quickly stolen by Kate after Jordyn opened it.


IMG_1821
And Kate got to keep it. She was glad.

IMG_1822
Kristen with Starbucks goodies. Very appropriate for the coffee-lover!

IMG_1823
And Jordyn scored a nice bottle of champagne. Cheers!

IMG_1824
"Lisa" got a necklace and gloves.

IMG_1825
And Michelle got a cute scarf.


IMG_1826
Amy ended up with a very neat wall butterfly display


IMG_1828
Lauren kept the kitchen goodies she originally opened. She's a newlywed so these were appropriate :)


IMG_1829
And I LOVED what I ended up with. An eco-friendly bag of Old Navy goodies. A fleece blanket, 2009 stocking and very cute water bottle.


Back at the office, the real Lisa liked her gift very much!


We had such a fun time. And, the stealing in the game was quite peaceful, surprisingly.
I love my work friends!

3 responses. Leave a Comment!:

Shay said...

that looks like a lot of fun. We are doing our gift exchange tomorrow...

Shannan Martin said...

This looks like so much fun! And it reminds me of one down-side to working from home. :)

In This Wonderful Life said...

how fun!!! I love dirty santa parties..however, I get sad if the gift I liked get stolen!!

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment. I love to hear from readers and each message means a lot to me!

I respond to questions by email. If you leave a question in your comment, please make sure to list your email address or check your profile settings to ensure that it will be visible to me. I want to be able to write you back! :)