Hello! Welcome to Keeping Up with the Joneses. Thanks for stopping by! We're a young couple living in the East Arkansas/Memphis area otherwise known as The Delta, with a love for family, friends, faith and food.

We believe that some of the best memories are created at home around the dinner table, and when entertaining those you love. This little blog is where I share recipes, wine, our home and our life. Enjoy! -Kendall

What You'll Find:

I love to try new recipes. In fact, I rarely make the same thing twice. I'm a bona-fide cookbook collector, Pinterest addict and magazine aficionado. On the blog, you'll see what I've got cooking.

I love wine, y'all, so from time to time I feature bottles I've loved. Crafts and decorating our little house are passions of mine, so you may see some of that. Thanks for stopping by!

No Shave November

Keith participated in No Shave November for the second year in a row. Let me tell ya, he had a lot of hairs on his chiny-chin-chin by the time the month ended!! I was SO happy when he finally was allowed to shave on December 1st. He said he thought he was going to 'rock it' until January, at which point I told him it would not be to his benefit if he wanted any affection from me.

So, he shaved. And I documented the moment appropriately:

IMG_1514
Before.

He 'fluffed' the beard up with a comb before this pic. It's disgusting.


IMG_1525
Ahhh, heck yes! Start shaving!!


IMG_1533
There it is!! His face!!! At last.

But, he couldn't just go completely clean. You gotta have FUN with it!! And, totally gross out your wife in the process:


IMG_1537
Keith with a goatee!! I told him it wouldn't bother me if he didn't sport one of these any time soon.



IMG_1540
Then it just got kind-of weird. He was shaping it into unidentifiable styles.


IMG_1542
What is THAT? A handle-bar moustache with a flavor savor? Guys, am I using the appropriate terminology here!?

IMG_1544
Now, he just looks like a maverick. Or a brunette Hulk Hogan.



Oh, now he's going for the solid 'stache. OH MY. Get ready.



IMG_1548
(And he's making a mess in the process)


IMG_1549
Ahh!!!!! Make it stop!!! I can't look at him like this!!!

He looks like a molester, or a creepy Latin lover, or an adult film star. Yuck!!!


IMG_1551
Baahahahahah! This look reminds me of another pair of men:



Does he look a little like Luigi? I think SO.



IMG_1552
We could NOT stop laughing at this. I had a hard time keeping the camera straight because I was laughing so hard!


IMG_1555
Yeah, Keith, not your best look. Get rid of it fast.


IMG_1557
Finally.


IMG_1562
And, there he is! I forgot what he looked like under that beard.

Of course, he didn't totally shave it clean. After all, that only happens once or twice a year.

2 responses. Leave a Comment!:

In This Wonderful Life said...

haha! he and my husband probably have the same here! Brent always keeps a beard but loves to play with it as he shaves it off sometimes!

In This Wonderful Life said...

same HAIR..not here.. (im still half sleeping) haha

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment. I love to hear from readers and each message means a lot to me!

I respond to questions by email. If you leave a question in your comment, please make sure to list your email address or check your profile settings to ensure that it will be visible to me. I want to be able to write you back! :)