Hello! Welcome to Keeping Up with the Joneses. Thanks for stopping by! We're a young couple living in the East Arkansas/Memphis area otherwise known as The Delta, with a love for family, friends, faith and food.

We believe that some of the best memories are created at home around the dinner table, and when entertaining those you love. This little blog is where I share recipes, wine, our home and our life. Enjoy! -Kendall

What You'll Find:

I love to try new recipes. In fact, I rarely make the same thing twice. I'm a bona-fide cookbook collector, Pinterest addict and magazine aficionado. On the blog, you'll see what I've got cooking.

I love wine, y'all, so from time to time I feature bottles I've loved. Crafts and decorating our little house are passions of mine, so you may see some of that. Thanks for stopping by!

Pre-Christmas in Memphis

This past Wednesday, we had a little pre-Christmas outing with our couple friends, sans the Trammells (wish you could have been there, guys!).

We are all so happy to have husbands that are out of school. This past semester was rough!!
After dinner at Huey's, we exchanged some little Christmas goodies.

IMG_1992
I surprised the girls with yard signs with their last name on it.
Julie got us Elvis guitar ornaments (to commemorate our fun in M town!)
And, Kayla got us all Lipsmacker chapstick. The girl loves it! We always tease her about whipping that huge thing out of her purse and applying it. She claims she's addicted.

IMG_1993
We'll see how soon the rest of us follow suit and can't live without it.


Then, Travis let me poof his hair.

IMG_1995
If you don't know what poofing is, that's an entirely separate conversation that you and I need to have privately. Clearly, you are not from the South if this is a foreign concept. :)

Some also refer to this as teasing. I prefer the term poof.

I learned this in my days as a Tridelta.

IMG_1996
Trav had seen me do this once before and thought it was bizarre.

I promised one day I would poof his. And so I did!

IMG_2001
He had a lot of hair to be styled.

IMG_2003
It became very fluffy.

IMG_2005
He'd never seen himself with so much body!

IMG_2007
It was so poofy and somewhat Kate Gosselin-esque.

Hilarous, Trav. Thanks for the humor!!


We won't see our "Memphis family" until after Christmas, let's hope we can all make it that long before self-destructing!! :)

Happy Holidays Siscos, Puryears, and Trammells. We love you!

1 responses. Leave a Comment!:

Anonymous said...

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment. I love to hear from readers and each message means a lot to me!

I respond to questions by email. If you leave a question in your comment, please make sure to list your email address or check your profile settings to ensure that it will be visible to me. I want to be able to write you back! :)