However, I should have known that with 4 parties in one day, something was bound to go crazy. Well, it kinda did.
Party #1: cs2 work party during lunch
This was so fun! We all went to Rendezvous (a famous Memphis BBQ joint) and had ribs, beer, and laughs. It was a goooooood time. Especially the part about being told we get an extra week of vacation next year (score!) and the rest of the day off :) Hooray!
With much delight, I left work around 2:45 and headed home to meet Keith so that we could hit the road for Little Rock, where 3 parties awaited us for the evening.
Keith said we had a little bit of a 'situation' when I pulled up. He had been dealing with it all day and hadn't told me.
Our sewage is backing up into our front yard.
Aren't you glad I don't have pictures of this!! Long story short, it's Comcast's fault and when they hooked up our house, they must have cut our line. It's just now becoming a problem (a year and a half later). When we run the dishwasher, washing machine, shower or flush, we risk things "coming up" more in the front yard, or backing up into the house. OH gaw, ya'll. I'm so grossed out!!
They are scheduled to come fix it on Wednesday (right before Christmas). I hope all the kinks get worked out, because I don't want to not be able to shower or potty at home!!
Party #2: Mom's side of the family Christmas
Because I had party #3 scheduled to start at 7:00, I only got to be with the fam for about 45 minutes. This stressed me out a little bit. I wanted to spend much more time with them than I had, but party #3 awaited. So, that's ok.
Party #3: Ornament Exchange with NLR friends. A tradition.
So I was assigned to bring desserts to this party. I had made brownies and assembled a cute little tray with other goodies. Well, I parked my car at Jessica's apartment and loaded up my hands with lots of other things.... and just before I walked in, I dropped this adorable platter:
It shattered into one billion pieces and the desserts were all over the concrete. Seriously. Ruined.
OKAY, it's okay. I dropped off my other stuff and got Jessica's broom and trash can. As I begin to sweep up the truffles, brownies and glass, an unhappy apartment resident so kindly informed me that I was parked in her spot.
Alright, honey, I'll move my car after I remove all the glass so you don't get a flat tire. Gladly.
The closest spot I could fine was in Timbucktwo. Literally.
Deep breaths, I'm okay. By the time I walked into Jessica's and realized that I had blood all over my hand (must have cut myself on the glass), I just broke down! Between the poo in the front yard at home, feeling bad about leaving mom's party, breaking my platter and ruining my desserts, cutting my hand just sent me over!!
After a brief meltdown, a glass of wine cured it all :) That's what good friends and vino will do for ya!!
So here are some pics of the ornament exchange:
Whitney
Joanna brought this beautiful pink ornament
A gorgeous hand-made pottery ornament
I brought this pretty painted cross ornament
Lauren LOVED getting Shelly's Peace on Earth ornaments
This was the first year that two of us ended up with the ornament we brought, but Joanna and I were totally happy with this.
Next, we put on some fabulous holiday sweaters (courtesy of my Mother-in-Law).
Oh SO hot, ladies!!
Work it!
Family portrait.
Penny had some AWESOME holiday leggins. I felt beautiful in them.
Pretending to exchange gifts :)
Party #4: Ugly Sweater Party at Dustin's
Last stop of the night was at Dustin Jones' house for some Ugly Sweater fun.
Last stop of the night was at Dustin Jones' house for some Ugly Sweater fun.
Keith and Dustin in their homemade ugliness.
Reid!! I was so excited to see him that we both squelled and jumped into eachother's arms. Love him! Great to catch up, Reid!
Dustin, you are one amazing guy. Any single ladies lookin' for a great man? I'll hook you up!
4 parties and a meltdown was all worth it. And us girls lived just fine without the desserts. My life will SO go on without that platter, too :)







1 responses. Leave a Comment!:
I made cupcakes this last weekend for the kids and topped them or some with peppermint icing..omg yuck.. The kids loved them but it was just way too much for me.. what is the secret? All of your pictures and treats look great..
Post a Comment
Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment. I love to hear from readers and each message means a lot to me!
I respond to questions by email. If you leave a question in your comment, please make sure to list your email address or check your profile settings to ensure that it will be visible to me. I want to be able to write you back! :)