Hello! Welcome to Keeping Up with the Joneses. Thanks for stopping by! We're a young couple living in the East Arkansas/Memphis area otherwise known as The Delta, with a love for family, friends, faith and food.

We believe that some of the best memories are created at home around the dinner table, and when entertaining those you love. This little blog is where I share recipes, wine, our home and our life. Enjoy! -Kendall

What You'll Find:

I love to try new recipes. In fact, I rarely make the same thing twice. I'm a bona-fide cookbook collector, Pinterest addict and magazine aficionado. On the blog, you'll see what I've got cooking.

I love wine, y'all, so from time to time I feature bottles I've loved. Crafts and decorating our little house are passions of mine, so you may see some of that. Thanks for stopping by!

Menu Monday 10/4

Happy Monday!

Here's what's happening in our kitchen this week:

Menu 10-4
(images from respective websites listed below)


From Top Left:

Beef & Cheese Foldover - This recipe is from Kraft and I saw it the most recent issue of their magazine, Food & Family (I recommend a subscription!). I plan to make some modifications to it, so if it's tasty, I'll share with you guys!

Result: Delicious! Posted it here.

Peanut Butter Rocky Road Brownies - Keith picked these out! I had gone through Betty Crocker's recipe booklet, Fall Baking, and torn out the recipes that caught my eye. He went through the stack of selects and requested that I make these. They sound delish!

Update: YUM! Recipe is here!

Cheddar Baked Chicken & Salad - This is a dish I've made many, many times. I've mentioned it on the blog before, but never dedicated a post to it. It's a recipe from AllRecipes and it's really simple, easy and yummy. I would call it a crowd-pleaser, even for picky eaters.

Update: Always good! Post dedicated to this can be found here.

Orange-Chicken Chipotle Pizza - I'm going out on a limb here and making this pizza. It sounds a little different, but has ingredients that I love. I am confident that it will be good!

Result: Interesting. It wasn't bad, but wasn't great either.

That's 3 new recipes that I'll be trying out this week. Should be fun!


Okay, now one more thing. I've updated last week's menu post to include a recap of our thoughts. I think I'll start doing it that way rather than posting a whole new 'recap' post. So, if you're ever curious how a new dish turned out that I planned for a week, just check back to the original post later!

Have a great day, friends!

3 responses. Leave a Comment!:

Jamie said...

Delicious as usual! The brownies look so yummy!

Jenn @ West Sac Honey said...

Yum delicious as usual! There's a new issue of Freezer Meals out that I want to get!

Miss V said...

Oh Mrs. Jones you never disappoint in your menus! I can't wait to read your thoughts and perhaps try one out for Sunday lunch!

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment. I love to hear from readers and each message means a lot to me!

I respond to questions by email. If you leave a question in your comment, please make sure to list your email address or check your profile settings to ensure that it will be visible to me. I want to be able to write you back! :)