Hello! Welcome to Keeping Up with the Joneses. Thanks for stopping by! We're a young couple living in the East Arkansas/Memphis area otherwise known as The Delta, with a love for family, friends, faith and food.

We believe that some of the best memories are created at home around the dinner table, and when entertaining those you love. This little blog is where I share recipes, wine, our home and our life. Enjoy! -Kendall

What You'll Find:

I love to try new recipes. In fact, I rarely make the same thing twice. I'm a bona-fide cookbook collector, Pinterest addict and magazine aficionado. On the blog, you'll see what I've got cooking.

I love wine, y'all, so from time to time I feature bottles I've loved. Crafts and decorating our little house are passions of mine, so you may see some of that. Thanks for stopping by!

Cheddar Baked Chicken

Here's a recipe for yummy, easy baked chicken. It's one of the very first meals I cooked after we got married and it's become a regular favorite. It's definitely something a picky eater would like.

IMG_8420


Cheddar Baked Chicken (from allrecipes.com)

Ingredients:
1/4 cup butter, melted
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1 tsp salt
1tsp pepper
1 tsp garlic powder
1 egg
1Tbsp milk
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1/2 cup Italian seasoned bread crumbs
1 cup crispy rice cereal
3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut in half
2 Tbsp butter, melted (optional)



Preheat oven to 350

IMG_8398

In three separate bowls, or containers, mix the following together:

Bowl 1 - flour, salt, pepper, garlic powder
Bowl 2 - egg and milk
Bowl 3 - cheese, breadcrumbs, cereal

I bought these coating trays from Pampered Chef and I love them!

IMG_8404

Ready to go! It's also helpful to have them in this exact order above.

IMG_8402

Pour 1/4 cup melted butter into a baking dish to coat


Now it's time to get your hands VERY dirty! Please, wash them first....

IMG_8406

Dredge the chicken in the flour mixture....

IMG_8407

Then dip in the egg mixture...

IMG_8408

And press into the cheese-cereal mixture. You'll start to hear snap-crackle-pop!!

IMG_8410

Arrange them in the baking dish.
Optional: pour over 2 Tbsp melted butter before baking


Bake for 30-35 minutes until golden brown and juices run clear.

IMG_8416

Yummy easy goodness

IMG_8417


We like this with some rice and veggies. Enjoy!

4 responses. Leave a Comment!:

Jamie said...

Looks very good! I just might have to try it :)

Courtney McShan said...

i know this one! :) its in a really cute red recipe book that a really sweet friend gave me!

Colleen Sullivan said...

I tried this recipe tonight and it was very good!

Logan and Michelle said...

I made this for my family and it was so delicious. And you were right, my two little picky eaters ate every last bite!

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment. I love to hear from readers and each message means a lot to me!

I respond to questions by email. If you leave a question in your comment, please make sure to list your email address or check your profile settings to ensure that it will be visible to me. I want to be able to write you back! :)