Hello! Welcome to Keeping Up with the Joneses. Thanks for stopping by! We're a young couple living in the East Arkansas/Memphis area otherwise known as The Delta, with a love for family, friends, faith and food.

We believe that some of the best memories are created at home around the dinner table, and when entertaining those you love. This little blog is where I share recipes, wine, our home and our life. Enjoy! -Kendall

What You'll Find:

I love to try new recipes. In fact, I rarely make the same thing twice. I'm a bona-fide cookbook collector, Pinterest addict and magazine aficionado. On the blog, you'll see what I've got cooking.

I love wine, y'all, so from time to time I feature bottles I've loved. Crafts and decorating our little house are passions of mine, so you may see some of that. Thanks for stopping by!

Crumbly Apple Pie

It's pie time, friends.

IMG_8254

It's also fall, and apples are in season. So, I recommend that you make this! 
It. Is. Fabulous.

IMG_8219

Granny Smith, how I love your color!

I whipped this little delight up on Sunday, and it made the whole house smell DEEvine.

IMG_8218

Crumbly Apple Pie

Ingredients:
A pie crust (homemade, or from Pillsbury :)
Filling:
7 medium apples (Granny Smith or Golden Delicious), peeled, cored and very thinly sliced
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
1/4 tsp salt
Topping:
3/4 cup firmly packed dark brown sugar
3/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
1/3 cup chilled butter, cut into small pieces


Place oven rack in lowest position. Preheat oven to 400.

IMG_8225

In a bowl, combine sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt.

IMG_8227

Using whatever method you like, prep the apples. 
I happen to love my old-fashioned apple contraption. It really makes a recipe like this much easier.

IMG_8228

It peels, cores and slices apples perfectly.

IMG_8232

Add the apples to the bowl and toss to coat.

IMG_8233

Arrange apples in pie dish over the crust.

IMG_8234

In a small bowl, combine the brown sugar, flour and nutmeg.

IMG_8235

Cut the butter into small pieces.

IMG_8237

Using two knives, or a pasty blender, cut the butter into the mixture, until small crumbs form.

IMG_8240

Sprinkle crumb mixture over cake.

Bake for 35 minutes or until pie is lightly browned and filling is bubbly.

IMG_8252

Shake some powdered sugar over afterward.

Serve warm and enjoy!!! 

5 responses. Leave a Comment!:

Miss V said...

stop.it.right.now.

why oh why must you tempt me like this..done..making it this weekend! thank you for making me hungry all.day.long.. two delicious posts in one day.. you are too much lady!

Jamie said...

Yum! I LOVE apple pie :) That apple peeler is just too neat!

Meredith said...

Oh my goodness, I am going to have to make this, it looks so yum!

jenn from midlife modern said...

Beautiful! Love how your crust echoes the shape of your big white bowl. I wish I had enough space to store one of those apple corer thing-a-majobs. They are so awesome!

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment. I love to hear from readers and each message means a lot to me!

I respond to questions by email. If you leave a question in your comment, please make sure to list your email address or check your profile settings to ensure that it will be visible to me. I want to be able to write you back! :)