Hello! Welcome to Keeping Up with the Joneses. Thanks for stopping by! We're a young couple living in the East Arkansas/Memphis area otherwise known as The Delta, with a love for family, friends, faith and food.

We believe that some of the best memories are created at home around the dinner table, and when entertaining those you love. This little blog is where I share recipes, wine, our home and our life. Enjoy! -Kendall

What You'll Find:

I love to try new recipes. In fact, I rarely make the same thing twice. I'm a bona-fide cookbook collector, Pinterest addict and magazine aficionado. On the blog, you'll see what I've got cooking.

I love wine, y'all, so from time to time I feature bottles I've loved. Crafts and decorating our little house are passions of mine, so you may see some of that. Thanks for stopping by!

Easy Creole Shrimp

This creole shrimp recipe I made last night was fantastic!

IMG_6034

It was the first item on our weekly menu that I made, and found it to be so simple and surprisingly delicious.

The recipe comes from Kraft, and I must say I'm impressed. It made the perfect amount for 2 people with no leftovers and minimal clean up. 


Creole Shrimp
(click here to download the printer-friendly version)

Here's what you need:

IMG_6016

1 lb of large raw frozen shrimp, thawed*
1 Tbsp Cajun seasoning
1/4 cup Kraft Zesty Italian Dressing
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 Tbsp chopped fresh parsley (fresh only, people)

*I only had a 10 oz bag of shrimp and it was fine. I didn't change the portion on the rest of the ingredients, either. Maybe that's why our shrimp was so flavorful! And 10 oz was perfect for the 2 of us.


IMG_6017

First, pour the 1 Tbsp Cajun seasoning over the thawed shrimp.

IMG_6018

Stir it around to coat.

IMG_6019

Heat a medium skillet over medium-high heat.

IMG_6020

Add the dressing and garlic.

IMG_6021

Cook and stir for one minute.

IMG_6022

Stir in the shrimp.

IMG_6024

Cook and stir for 3-5 minutes. I would occasionally flip them over, too.

IMG_6027

You'll know they're almost ready when most of the liquid has evaporated and the shrimp is starting to brown.

IMG_6031

Sprinkle the chopped, fresh parsley over the top of the shrimp. This is what really makes it!



I served ours over some brown & wild rice. This handy bag of rice is ready in literally 90 seconds. For a meal this fast, it was so convenient!


IMG_6035

We loved it! I was surprised that I could taste the Italian dressing and at how well it blended with the Cajun seasoning and garlic. Yum! Thanks, Kraft!


PS- This is the first recipe I'm trying out Google Docs for my printer-friendly recipes. I'm still researching better options, so let me know if you think this one works okay. Once I pick a format, I'll make printer-friendly docs for all the recipes on the blog. It may take forever, but I'll get there!

8 responses. Leave a Comment!:

Melissa said...

That does look so good! I love Kraft's website! Their recipes are always so good and very easy!

annecase said...

We'll be trying this out at the Nowlin house next week for sure!

Meredith said...

I'm totally doing this for a few people tonight-perfect idea, thanks girl :)

Brittany Bennett said...

I'm going to make it this week...sounds very yummy!

Alicia said...

We tried this a few weeks ago. It was deee-lish! Thanks!

Brittany Gorey said...

I just made this last night and it was so good! I think I might have used a little to much Cajun seasoning but over all definitely making it again :)

Caroline said...

I made this tonight and it was delish! Thanks for posting the recipe!

Anonymous said...

Just a heads-up...you might want to consider the shrimp done cooking before they brown as then they are likely overcooked. Rule of thumb...when the shrimp curl up slightly to form "c" shape, they are "c"-ooked. When they curl up so much that they form an "o" shape, they are "o"-vercooked. The photo of your "browned" shrimp definitely shows them as "o"-shapes.

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment. I love to hear from readers and each message means a lot to me!

I respond to questions by email. If you leave a question in your comment, please make sure to list your email address or check your profile settings to ensure that it will be visible to me. I want to be able to write you back! :)