Hello! Welcome to Keeping Up with the Joneses. Thanks for stopping by! We're a young couple living in the East Arkansas/Memphis area otherwise known as The Delta, with a love for family, friends, faith and food.

We believe that some of the best memories are created at home around the dinner table, and when entertaining those you love. This little blog is where I share recipes, wine, our home and our life. Enjoy! -Kendall

What You'll Find:

I love to try new recipes. In fact, I rarely make the same thing twice. I'm a bona-fide cookbook collector, Pinterest addict and magazine aficionado. On the blog, you'll see what I've got cooking.

I love wine, y'all, so from time to time I feature bottles I've loved. Crafts and decorating our little house are passions of mine, so you may see some of that. Thanks for stopping by!

Menu Monday 6/7

I'm back in the kitchen! Being away on vacation was just fantastic, but I did (honestly) miss cooking at night. Keith and I made a big grocery store visit yesterday and re-stocked our house. Lots of good meals are planned for this week, here's what is on our menu!


mosaic0140913d07d15fbc9c9ee640b8d53e3a9e710d67


Sometimes I'll assign a meal to each night, but plans can change, work days can run long, etc. So, usually I just pick 4 meals and decide the day-of which one I'm in the mood for.



From top left: Baked Peanut Chicken, served with Garlic Basil Coconut Rice
VERDICT: This one has already been made, it was our dinner last night. It was just wonderful! I got the recipe from A Taste of Thai ad in a cooking magazine. It looked so simple, and it really was. The boxed rice side was easy-peasy and very good. This is a great dish to make it you want quick and easy Thai at home!

Top Right: Sesame Pork over Yellow Rice (Southern Living). I'll serve this with some King's Hawaiian Bread Rolls, yummmmmm

Bottom Left: At some point, we're grilling peaches for dessert and I'm going to try this Blackberry-Basil Butter (Southern Living). I spotted it in this month's issue and can't wait to try it!

Bottom Center: I'm going to make a Berry Pine Nut Chicken Salad (Recipe from Pampered Chef, photo courtesy of Flickr). If this is tasty I'll post my own pics and the recipe!

Bottom Right: My parents are planning to visit this weekend, so for dinner on Friday night, I have planned to make one of our very favorite things: Grilled Maple Chipotle Pork Chops on Smoked Gouda Grits, with a side of grilled asparagus.



As always, I'll let you know the verdict on all of these!

1 responses. Leave a Comment!:

alissa {33shadesofgreen} said...

Yum - The baked peanut chicken sounds so good! I need to try that one. Loved all your vacation pictures too - glad you had a great time!

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment. I love to hear from readers and each message means a lot to me!

I respond to questions by email. If you leave a question in your comment, please make sure to list your email address or check your profile settings to ensure that it will be visible to me. I want to be able to write you back! :)