Hello! Welcome to Keeping Up with the Joneses. Thanks for stopping by! We're a young couple living in the East Arkansas/Memphis area otherwise known as The Delta, with a love for family, friends, faith and food.

We believe that some of the best memories are created at home around the dinner table, and when entertaining those you love. This little blog is where I share recipes, wine, our home and our life. Enjoy! -Kendall

What You'll Find:

I love to try new recipes. In fact, I rarely make the same thing twice. I'm a bona-fide cookbook collector, Pinterest addict and magazine aficionado. On the blog, you'll see what I've got cooking.

I love wine, y'all, so from time to time I feature bottles I've loved. Crafts and decorating our little house are passions of mine, so you may see some of that. Thanks for stopping by!

Taffy Apple Pizza

This. Is. Delicious.


Pampered Chef has some great recipes and this is one of them. You should try it; trust me! This is a nice variation on the classic fruit pizza. It's one of my personal favorites, and everyone I've made it for LOVES it! Our dear friend, Clint Boone, is a huge fan. It's super easy and looks real pretty when you're finished. Here's how you do it:

Taffy Apple Pizza
click here for printer-friendly version


Ingredients:
16 oz sugar cookie dough package
8 oz softened cream cheese
1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla
2-3 Granny Smith apples
lemon juice of Sprite
Caramel sauce
1/4 cup chopped peanuts



Press sugar cookie dough into a pizza shape (16 oz. worth). I buy the pre-sliced package and just blend it all together. I don't like making a ball and using the rolling pin. Too messy.
Bake at 350 for 16-18 minutes or until golden brown. Shortly after removing from oven, loosen the cookie from the baking stone with a long knife and let it cool completely on the stone.
Spread across the cookie a mixture of 8 oz softened cream cheese, 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter, 1/2 cup packed brown sugar and 1/2 tsp of vanilla.
Peel, core, and slice 2-3 Granny Smith Apples. If you have one, this is an excuse to use your fancy apple gadget. It makes this dessert so much easier to fix! I love that thing.
Soak your apple slices in a bit of Sprite to keep 'em from turning brown.
Pat them dry on paper towels.
Starting from the outside, layer them on the pizza in a circular way.
Drizzle with caramel AND top with some chopped peanuts.
There you have it! Ta-da! It's really good. Keep in the fridge until serving. Enjoy!!

1 responses. Leave a Comment!:

Claire said...

YU-MMY! I'm hoping to see a lovely piece of this in the diner tomorrow ;)

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment. I love to hear from readers and each message means a lot to me!

I respond to questions by email. If you leave a question in your comment, please make sure to list your email address or check your profile settings to ensure that it will be visible to me. I want to be able to write you back! :)