Hello! Welcome to Keeping Up with the Joneses. Thanks for stopping by! We're a young couple living in the East Arkansas/Memphis area otherwise known as The Delta, with a love for family, friends, faith and food.

We believe that some of the best memories are created at home around the dinner table, and when entertaining those you love. This little blog is where I share recipes, wine, our home and our life. Enjoy! -Kendall

What You'll Find:

I love to try new recipes. In fact, I rarely make the same thing twice. I'm a bona-fide cookbook collector, Pinterest addict and magazine aficionado. On the blog, you'll see what I've got cooking.

I love wine, y'all, so from time to time I feature bottles I've loved. Crafts and decorating our little house are passions of mine, so you may see some of that. Thanks for stopping by!

Cuz it's her party....

...and she'll cry if she wants to.

My sweet precious Mother-in-Law turned 50 on Friday!
Her friends put 50 pink flamingos in her front yard! SO cute!

That night, my parents came in as a surprise and we all went out to a yummy dinner at Blue Fin in downtown Memphis. Here are some pics:

Mr. Bob being silly


Mi padres.


Our happy hubby & wife pic. We try to take one every few weeks :)

After our fun dinner (my dad kept us in stitches), we came over to our house for cake and presents. We had prepared a really cool gift for Ms. Penny (my idea, thank you very much).


Earlier in the week, Keith's siblings came over to help us. We got out a notepad and wrote down all the things we loved about our Penny. We boiled it down to the best 50 and each of us took turns writing them around the edges of a matted picture.

It's so neat to see everyone's unique handwriting. We each wrote the ones that were the most relevant to us and our relationship & memories with her.


She loved it! She teared up a little, of course, but told me that she waited 'til she got home to really cry :)


The dads are singing to her. Can't remember what song because it was definitely before we got the cake out...who knows with those guys.


Her very pretty red velvet cake! Mom picked this up from Mickey's in Little Rock. They did our wedding cake :)


Happy Birthday to you, we sure do love you!! And she doesn't look 50 at all, does she?!

0 responses. Leave a Comment!:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment. I love to hear from readers and each message means a lot to me!

I respond to questions by email. If you leave a question in your comment, please make sure to list your email address or check your profile settings to ensure that it will be visible to me. I want to be able to write you back! :)