Hello! Welcome to Keeping Up with the Joneses. Thanks for stopping by! We're a young couple living in the East Arkansas/Memphis area otherwise known as The Delta, with a love for family, friends, faith and food.

We believe that some of the best memories are created at home around the dinner table, and when entertaining those you love. This little blog is where I share recipes, wine, our home and our life. Enjoy! -Kendall

What You'll Find:

I love to try new recipes. In fact, I rarely make the same thing twice. I'm a bona-fide cookbook collector, Pinterest addict and magazine aficionado. On the blog, you'll see what I've got cooking.

I love wine, y'all, so from time to time I feature bottles I've loved. Crafts and decorating our little house are passions of mine, so you may see some of that. Thanks for stopping by!

Fall Wedding

Hello, friends. I must apologize to you again for my lack of blogging. I've been traveling a bit! I'm writing now from McLean, VA (Washington, D.C.). I'm here for work :)

I just couldn't wait until I got home to post some pictures from Lauren and Lee's beautiful fall wedding this past weekend in Heber Springs, AR. I have many more where these come from, so I'm planning to do another post with pre-wedding activities and add the rest to a Facebook album.

Anyway, here's a few of my faves!
Ceremony and Reception: Eden Isle and Red Apple Inn.
It was the perfect time of year. The trees where phenomenal!

IMG_0513

Gorgeous Fall foliage!

IMG_0516

Lovely bridesmaids! We LOVED our dresses :)

IMG_0525

Keith helped cart around the bridesmaids around the property. He followed along as the photographer took pictures, and took some great ones on our camera. I can't wait to see what the real pro's pics look like! These spots were beautiful.

IMG_0523

Everyone's assortment of "tan/beige" shoes, no two alike :)


IMG_0528

A real fox came out and played in the sun nearby!

IMG_0531

Love this pic of Lee and the girls. His eyes are so blue! And those leaves were so pretty.

IMG_0534

Me and the Bride. She was elegant, timeless, classic and downright breathtaking!


IMG_0537

Having some fun on the Red Apple golf course.


IMG_0536

Pretty ladies. Our hair all looks similar, though we all got to pick how we wanted it done :)

IMG_0554

They're so cute!

IMG_0546

Oh, look at my earrings. This was my favorite part of the ensem!

IMG_0555

So presh!

IMG_0540

Golf cart shenanigans.


IMG_0559

This was their getaway cart. It was really clever and adorable. The "T" fell off the end on the drive from ceremony to reception site :)


IMG_0560

Mom happened to match the color scheme a bit. She's a little doll, huh!?

IMG_0565

Dad and I love the self-portraits.

IMG_0567

Aww, me and the hubs. I do admit, I love this picture!

IMG_0569

Hunter Riley. Such a charmer!

IMG_0587

Sweet couple dancing.

IMG_0588

Not sure what is going on with this one.

IMG_0593

The Kendalls!! She's my red-headed counterpart and I love her! Can we please live in the same city one day and hang out all the time!?

IMG_0597

Shelly and her girls. She was the reason we all become SO close! We met every week at her house to do a bible study. Really, we talked more about life, love, and growing up. She is our 2nd mom. We love you!


IMG_0599

Dustin Jones! This is Shelly's amazing son. He worked with me at Stone Ward and is a talented broadcast guru. He did our wedding video and was here doing Lauren and Lee's. He didn't have a choice once Lauren saw my video :) He's awesome!!! Oh, and a great friend, too.

IMG_0602

Keith with Kyle Shadid and Caleb Whiteside. Two quality men.

IMG_0604

I was SO thrilled to have my JENI there!!

IMG_0605

Getting ready for the garter toss....

IMG_0611

Time for the bouquet....

IMG_0615

I think Jessica really wanted it, but she did not catch it :(


IMG_0619

I'm so happy for Lauren and Lee. They are a perfectly matched couple by God, and their ceremony was a beautiful reflection of his love. I cried more during their ceremony than my own... why is that!? I was just very moved to see 2 people I love tie the knot!!!

IMG_0620

This Man. This man had a couple of drinks at the reception. He rarely has much to drink....ever. I admit, I didn't mind so much because he flirted with me like we were in high school. It was pretty cute. He just kept kissing me, and he is not much on PDA typically :)

IMG_0621

That was the face he made when he realized he had more cocktails than planned, and before he went to bed early. Amateur. It's ok, a studying man needs to let loose every now and again! Hehe...

I still have more to share about Friday's activities and our post-wedding fishing. I'll catch up on that when I get back to Memphis.


We love you, Lauren and Lee!!! Congrats!!

4 responses. Leave a Comment!:

Claire said...

My mother has a recipe called "Chicken Eden Isle" that she got from there!!! She made it a lot when I was growing up and it was one of my faves! Speaking of... I should get her to make it for me soon!

Mrs. Southern Bride said...

Those bridesmaid dresses are so beautiful! :)

Kendall Tipton said...

Love the pics! And my response is YES! Please move back soon and bring MC back with you from TN! You girls belong in Central Arkansas:)

Jennifer said...

Where did you get those dresses? I absolutely adore them!

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment. I love to hear from readers and each message means a lot to me!

I respond to questions by email. If you leave a question in your comment, please make sure to list your email address or check your profile settings to ensure that it will be visible to me. I want to be able to write you back! :)