Hello! Welcome to Keeping Up with the Joneses. Thanks for stopping by! We're a young couple living in the East Arkansas/Memphis area otherwise known as The Delta, with a love for family, friends, faith and food.

We believe that some of the best memories are created at home around the dinner table, and when entertaining those you love. This little blog is where I share recipes, wine, our home and our life. Enjoy! -Kendall

What You'll Find:

I love to try new recipes. In fact, I rarely make the same thing twice. I'm a bona-fide cookbook collector, Pinterest addict and magazine aficionado. On the blog, you'll see what I've got cooking.

I love wine, y'all, so from time to time I feature bottles I've loved. Crafts and decorating our little house are passions of mine, so you may see some of that. Thanks for stopping by!

Shower with sweets

Today, a lovely bridal shower was hosted for my friend, Jeni. She's getting married in August, so my mom and I and Jessica and her mother, Sherry, joined forces to throw a dessert shower for the bride-to-be! Jeni likes to bake (not quite as much as me, but she'll get there :) so it was only appropriate that it be a kitchen and sweets theme.

The invitations were adorable, designed by Jessica's sister, Kandace. She's started her own side business called Save-the-Date. She's great!

Included with everyone's invite was a cute recipe card from etsy.com (i LOVE that site).

So, on Saturday, Jantastic (that'd be my awesome mom) and I got to work baking. On our to-make list was: lemon bars, blueberry cheesecake bars, stawberry cupcakes, and something interesting called, brownie pops (we found this in a new Wilton magazine all about brownies). Now, I'm no Bakerella (yet), but I think they turned out pretty cute!

My drizzling skills could be improved, however.

Anyway, mom and I enjoyed some quality bonding time in the kitchen and everthing we made turned out great. Here are some pics from the shower!

Brownie pops in pink and yellow

Yummy strawberry cupcakes. We discovered a great icing recipe that was perfect- it set up just right!

More of the little delights

Blueberry cheesecake bars were one of my favorites! We hadn't made this recipe before, but it has since been added to the "great" and "to make again" files.

Jessica's pretty fruit tarts

The spread! We had wayyyy too many desserts.

Me with Jeni and Jessica. Best friends since 9th grade!

Jeni and I with Meredith, our dear friend from Fayetteville that we met through Tridelt. She drove all the way down just for the shower. Talk about a sweet, sweet girl!! I was really excited to see her :)

And, somehow those are the only pictures I got at the shower. I know others did a better job, so maybe I can come back and add more!

Hooray for Jeni and all of her great gifts and friends that came!

1 responses. Leave a Comment!:

Lauren said...

I LOVE this idea for a shower! Super cute! PLUS the desserts look fabulous! And I am going to keep that invitation in mind because it is precious! Hope your doing well! Everything you do is just so stinkin cute!!

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment. I love to hear from readers and each message means a lot to me!

I respond to questions by email. If you leave a question in your comment, please make sure to list your email address or check your profile settings to ensure that it will be visible to me. I want to be able to write you back! :)