Hello! Welcome to Keeping Up with the Joneses. Thanks for stopping by! We're a young couple living in the East Arkansas/Memphis area otherwise known as The Delta, with a love for family, friends, faith and food.

We believe that some of the best memories are created at home around the dinner table, and when entertaining those you love. This little blog is where I share recipes, wine, our home and our life. Enjoy! -Kendall

What You'll Find:

I love to try new recipes. In fact, I rarely make the same thing twice. I'm a bona-fide cookbook collector, Pinterest addict and magazine aficionado. On the blog, you'll see what I've got cooking.

I love wine, y'all, so from time to time I feature bottles I've loved. Crafts and decorating our little house are passions of mine, so you may see some of that. Thanks for stopping by!

Kabobs for days

My parents came up this weekend with the intention of helping us work in our front flower beds. Now that we have gutters we can get to plantin'. BUT, it was totally rained out. All week long it called for just a 40% chance, but all the rain held off until they came into town. So, the yard work will have to be postponed. We just relaxed around the house and decided to have a big dinner Saturday night with Keith's family.

Keith's Nanny is in town from Ocala, Florida. I had never met her until she arrived a couple of weeks ago. She doesn't travel much and wasn't able to make it to our wedding because of some health complications. SO, I was just delighted to be able to meet her for the first time, finally!! She's a doll of a lady and it has been nice getting to know Nanny.



Anyway, for dinner we made rice, salad, and kabobs. Chicken, steak, colored peppers, red onion, zuchini, squash and pineapple. A little goes a long way when you start ka-bobbin' em up. We like to marinade them for a long time in this bottled teriyaki stuff.



While Keith was grillin' (because I don't do that, it's a man's job) he asked me to take his picture and add it to the blog as proof that he contributed to the Jones home cooking.



There's your proof, honey! And your kabobs were great....still are :)

0 responses. Leave a Comment!:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment. I love to hear from readers and each message means a lot to me!

I respond to questions by email. If you leave a question in your comment, please make sure to list your email address or check your profile settings to ensure that it will be visible to me. I want to be able to write you back! :)