Hello! Welcome to Keeping Up with the Joneses. Thanks for stopping by! We're a young couple living in the East Arkansas/Memphis area otherwise known as The Delta, with a love for family, friends, faith and food.

We believe that some of the best memories are created at home around the dinner table, and when entertaining those you love. This little blog is where I share recipes, wine, our home and our life. Enjoy! -Kendall

What You'll Find:

I love to try new recipes. In fact, I rarely make the same thing twice. I'm a bona-fide cookbook collector, Pinterest addict and magazine aficionado. On the blog, you'll see what I've got cooking.

I love wine, y'all, so from time to time I feature bottles I've loved. Crafts and decorating our little house are passions of mine, so you may see some of that. Thanks for stopping by!

Memorial Day weekend

So, I didn't do so hot on the blogging last week. Sometimes I just get busy and tired. But, this three day weekend has been so great! We had lots going on and made the most of our time off.
(Warning: This post could be very long- lots of pictures to share!)

Friday night, I went to The Nail Bar with Kayla and Julie. It's down on Mud Island in Harbor Town. It's a super cute place an I love the idea behind it. You get a drink with your manicure or pedicure or you can come in with your own bottle of wine. It's got a great atmosphere and we all walked out with pretty little nails!


On Saturday we hit the road, Little Rock bound. Mom and I went to a couple of stores and bought all of the wedding and shower presents we needed for the summer. We shopped for 10 different couples! The lady at Bed, Bath & Beyond was really tired of printing registries by the time we left. Oh well! Glad to have that off our to-do lists!

That night, we went to our first wedding of the summer season, Katie Dacus and Jeremy Stalcup. It was a really cool wedding and we had a blast...

We were happy to celebrate at someone else's wedding. Couldn't help but think about how glad we are to be married!

The ladies I miss so much: Jessica, Whitney and Joanna
Oh yes, and Keith nearly adopted this little girl. As you can see, I'm not too keen on the idea of a having a small child right now!

Dear Joanna, please come stay with us again soon. Our guest room misses you.

A rare picture with the 3 Riley boys. Twins, Hunter and Haynes and the oldest, Zach.

Can't wait for this girl's wedding!! Hooray for October, the soon to be Mrs Lee Strother.

This is me with Jessica and Brandon and as the couple left, the pyrotechnics were out of control. This is right before I was coughing like a had the black lung!
It was a fun night and we're so happy for the newlyweds! Somehow, I managed to not get a picture with the bride- oops!

Sunday, my parents had a big, festive Memorial gathering with a bunch of family. I was so happy to see everyone that I didn't take any pictures here either, geez! Afterwards, we headed back to Marion so that we could enjoy Sunday night and Monday off at home. We grilled out with our couple friends (we've spent 4/7 evenings together!) yep, we love each other! And because we can't get enough, we all went to the Memphis Zoo together today. It was SO much fun! Rain was threatening our plans, but we didn't let it stop us. It turned out to be really nice...


Puryears, Joneses, Siscos

Hmm, note to self, don't wear a dress like that anymore! It's so comfy, but I look preggers in all these pics, ugh!

Again, these girls are (some of ) the reasons I love Memphis!

Future Dentists of America


Toucan Sam

A very large, very old turtle

Komodo Dragon and his tongue

Hippo frolicking in the water

Future Dentists of America holding Hippo teeth

About to enter the China land with the panda exhibit

The sun came out for us!

Kayla finds a place to rest, doesn't look to comfy

Posing with Le Le, the pretty Panda!

They are such amazing animals! They make the trip to the Memphis Zoo all worth it!

Beastly Elephant

Giganto Rhino

Keith loves animals. In another life, he'd be a zookeeper or something.

The Sea Lion show! Very entertaining stuff...

Gotta get some cute couple-y poses

At the Northwest Passage exhibit, striking some poses
Charles. Is. Hilarious.

Again, this proves my point above!

Indian love.

The apes always freak me out a little bit, so human like!

Our boys...

Yes, I made them take this picture. "Hear no evil. See no evil. Speak no evil"

Yay for Zoo Day!!!!

3 responses. Leave a Comment!:

Jeni Sackett said...

Love all the zoo pictures! Can't wait to see you MOH!

Becky said...

I got to see Katie's picture collage/video on Thursday when her dad brought it up to my Cardiac Rehab unit!
IN fact, we were all helping him search for the pyrotech stuff!
The bride was indeed beautiful and so are you in all your pictures. (You absolutely do not look "preg"!)

Anonymous said...

hahaha!!! These picts are soooo funny!! It was a fun day, I'm glad that we hang out...ALL THE TIME! :)

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment. I love to hear from readers and each message means a lot to me!

I respond to questions by email. If you leave a question in your comment, please make sure to list your email address or check your profile settings to ensure that it will be visible to me. I want to be able to write you back! :)