.jpg)
I found a recipe on allrecipes.com that sounded great!! I made a few modifications to it:
-Added dash of nutmeg and ground cloves
-Made 3 loaves in 8.5" pans instead of 4
-Baked at 325 instead of 300
-Used electric mixer on wet ingredients and added the flour by hand
-Added a crumbly topping:
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup flour
3 tbsp softened butter
1 tsp cinnamon
(mix together with fork, spoon on top of loaves before baking)
Click here for the printer-friendly version!
It turned out wonderfully! However, I baked 3 loaves and the one in the middle caved in after a few minutes of being out of the oven (see below). Still tastes good, but I should have left him in a little longer than the others. Oh well! Adventures in baking!
.jpg)
Update 11/8/10: A few notes now that I've made this quite a few times: It is outstanding! And yes, be sure to leave the center loaf in a little longer, maybe cover with aluminum foil to keep it from getting too brown on top.







1 responses. Leave a Comment!:
Yumm that bread looks great. When I get back to cooking I look forward to trying some of your blog recipes!! YES we got your package just now! You are so sweet and thoughtful. I LOVE it. I have never seen those and the colors match our car seat PERFECTLY. It is already on our car seat and it really makes it easier to lug that thing around when you have that soft cloth right there! Thanks!!
Post a Comment
Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment. I love to hear from readers and each message means a lot to me!
I respond to questions by email. If you leave a question in your comment, please make sure to list your email address or check your profile settings to ensure that it will be visible to me. I want to be able to write you back! :)