Hello! Welcome to Keeping Up with the Joneses. Thanks for stopping by! We're a young couple living in the East Arkansas/Memphis area otherwise known as The Delta, with a love for family, friends, faith and food.

We believe that some of the best memories are created at home around the dinner table, and when entertaining those you love. This little blog is where I share recipes, wine, our home and our life. Enjoy! -Kendall

What You'll Find:

I love to try new recipes. In fact, I rarely make the same thing twice. I'm a bona-fide cookbook collector, Pinterest addict and magazine aficionado. On the blog, you'll see what I've got cooking.

I love wine, y'all, so from time to time I feature bottles I've loved. Crafts and decorating our little house are passions of mine, so you may see some of that. Thanks for stopping by!

So much snow!

Well, I was totally wrong about Spring coming soon! It has snowed this weekend in Memphis, much to everyone's surprise. It started on Saturday around 2:30 and came down hard all through the night. This morning ,we woke up to a beautiful winter wonderland. But, it's been melting fast today because of the bright sun. The roads were actually kind-of bad in certain parts yesterday and especially last night. So, I'm thankful for my in-laws who were kind enough to make sure I made it to the Addy's.
Here are the pictures I've taken:

I took this looking through the front door as it was coming down yesterday. You can see how there are still a few empty lots around us!


I guess we weren't thinking about our patio furniture. The snow just blew right through the screen and onto our cushions!


Pile in front of the door


Nicely frozen landscape and a very slick front porch.


You can see how the sidewalks and roads were frozen under the snow, but has since melted.


A snowy front yard!




Our first good snow at our first home :)


I had to take a picture of this mailbox. It's pretty special to me. My mother-in-law went to extra lengths to make sure we liked our mailbox when our house was being built :) And, I do love it!


Keith' sister is in town, this is her playing with their family dog, Kenzie, across the street at the house for sale. Hence the flag streamers that we are so tired of looking at! We are currently recruiting more neighbors!


Keith with his sis and dad. We were happy to have some visitors.






The sign as you enter our 'hood.


Keith wanted to drive around for a few minutes to take in the sights before hitting the books hard today. I was so thankful for our hour of snow play time.


View of our neighborhood from highway. It just sprouts up out in the middle of a field!


It's so cold and windy!

0 responses. Leave a Comment!:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment. I love to hear from readers and each message means a lot to me!

I respond to questions by email. If you leave a question in your comment, please make sure to list your email address or check your profile settings to ensure that it will be visible to me. I want to be able to write you back! :)