Family friends of ours, the Alfonso's, have a great little getaway right on the river with a nice dock for good ol' fashioned fitchin'. Throughout the long friendship, they've been kind enough to let us stay occasionally and we always love it. Lots of memories have been made (and fish caught) over the years here.
My mom's siblings, Aunt Kay and Uncle Martin, are reelin' in one of the day's early catches.
The weather on Friday was superb! My Uncle Martin was our "cook-ie" and made us real country style breakfasts. We were spoiled!
While we fished on the dock, Keith suited up and went out into the river. Turns out, both the dock fishermen and the waist-deep Mr. Jones caught about the same amount.
Smiling with a nice Rainbow Trout.
Later in the day when it warmed up, Keith attempted to fish redneck-style (shirtless under the waders). But, he was only kidding, luckily!
Me and my Daddy-o
My mom and her sis, Kay. It was my Mom's birthday on Friday and she was so happy to have her family together!
Keith adds another fish to the basket.
A beer + a fishin' pole = All these men need to relax!
I believe I took this picture in the middle of our "fishing derby". Around 4:45, Keith made a bet with the other guys that by 5:30, he could catch at least 2 fish. So, they all got their poles in the water and it's almost like the fish knew we were wagerin' because they started biting like crazy! It was lots of fun. All in all, I'd say we caught about 30 fish over 3 days. We didn't keep any, just catch and release! (or hold for a while to admire, then release:)
Just before headin' to Mack's Catfish House for dinner Friday, we gave mom lots of birthday cards and some goodies.
This was on Saturday, which was overcast, drizzly and cooler. The guys still fished and us gals enjoyed some good magazines and conversation inside.
He is totally in his element out here. One happy man!
I'm sure my dad is giving Keith some excellent marriage advice.
All in all, it was a great little mini-vacation. Nothing beats nature, time with family, and good food!







1 responses. Leave a Comment!:
I love the picture of Keith fishing "redneck style". Awesome. =)
Post a Comment
Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment. I love to hear from readers and each message means a lot to me!
I respond to questions by email. If you leave a question in your comment, please make sure to list your email address or check your profile settings to ensure that it will be visible to me. I want to be able to write you back! :)