Hello! Welcome to Keeping Up with the Joneses. Thanks for stopping by! We're a young couple living in the East Arkansas/Memphis area otherwise known as The Delta, with a love for family, friends, faith and food.

We believe that some of the best memories are created at home around the dinner table, and when entertaining those you love. This little blog is where I share recipes, wine, our home and our life. Enjoy! -Kendall

What You'll Find:

I love to try new recipes. In fact, I rarely make the same thing twice. I'm a bona-fide cookbook collector, Pinterest addict and magazine aficionado. On the blog, you'll see what I've got cooking.

I love wine, y'all, so from time to time I feature bottles I've loved. Crafts and decorating our little house are passions of mine, so you may see some of that. Thanks for stopping by!

Melting Pot

So, maybe I've been living under a rock most of my life, but I just experienced the fun of a Fondue restaurant last night. I have been missing out! It's right up my alley. And yes, it is very much an "experience" and not just food.
A bunch of the D1 ladies (code for "first year dental student") got together after their big test for a girl's night out at the Melting Pot in Memphis. Lucky for me, they were kind enough to include the wives of the D1 boys, too.
There were about 14 of us, and we had a blast. But, it took 3 1/2 hours! We were there from 7:30 till 11:15, and it's way out in Germantown, too! It was all worth it needless to say and I got to know a lot of the girls better than I did before. The food was great and my sidekick, Kayla, and I ended up picking some of the best stuff on the menu, or so our waiter said. We feel like we "won" girls night.
I ate so much over such a long period of time that it was like a different kind of full. I was sleepy and drowsy. Then there's the steam from the pot, things were getting a little hazy. But, then, he brought us our dessert fondue! Chocolate s'mores with lots of good items to dip. Then, we all WOKE UP! We got our second...or third wind... and made it through the sweets, my favorite part!!
Anyway, I hope to go again someday. You should go if you've never been!



Ok, so I just realized that I've been making way too many posts about food lately. I guess I need to update you guys on other aspects of my life!

0 responses. Leave a Comment!:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment. I love to hear from readers and each message means a lot to me!

I respond to questions by email. If you leave a question in your comment, please make sure to list your email address or check your profile settings to ensure that it will be visible to me. I want to be able to write you back! :)