Hello! Welcome to Keeping Up with the Joneses. Thanks for stopping by! We're a young couple living in the East Arkansas/Memphis area otherwise known as The Delta, with a love for family, friends, faith and food.

We believe that some of the best memories are created at home around the dinner table, and when entertaining those you love. This little blog is where I share recipes, wine, our home and our life. Enjoy! -Kendall

What You'll Find:

I love to try new recipes. In fact, I rarely make the same thing twice. I'm a bona-fide cookbook collector, Pinterest addict and magazine aficionado. On the blog, you'll see what I've got cooking.

I love wine, y'all, so from time to time I feature bottles I've loved. Crafts and decorating our little house are passions of mine, so you may see some of that. Thanks for stopping by!

Lover's Weekend

Tonight, I'm basking in the glow of this wonderful weekend. It was perfect from start to finish!
On Friday night, we joined 3 other dental school couples for dinner and, afterwards, had them over to our house for Valentine desserts and game night. Keith and I decided to do it on Thursday night, so luckily I had everything I need for some sweet treats on hand. The only thing I needed were some strawberries and items to make a Valentine punch! I got to use some platters and party things I hadn't used yet, so it was fun setting up.


Sugar overload!


Our drink table, complimented by Keith's pretty roses!

The first game we played was my personal favorite, Catch Phrase. I'd like to think of myself as a pro at this. We played girls vs boys and needless to say, the girls won! It was hilarious and we all got pretty competitive! The next game was Mad Gab. Many in the group had never played before, so that made it even more entertaining. Overall, it was great night and the most fun I'd had in a while. We're planning to do it again soon! Here are some pics:


Kayla was REALLY into it...


Serious focus.


The ladies: Me, Lauren Tucker (to-be-Trammell in June), Kayla Sisco, and Julie Puryear


The boys: Keith, Chip Trammell, Travis Sisco, and Charles Puryear on the bottom.


Then, there's Saturday, the official day of love. Keith and I slept really late and cuddled in our jammies for most of the morning. We went to his parent's house for lunch and to see his little cousin that was visiting. The rest of our day was really relaxing around the house. We just spent good, quality time with eachother. We rarely have whole days at our house that we can just hang out. He is usually studying or I'm busy spending the day cleaning or running errands, etc. So, it was a nice break.
For the past few weeks, Keith had told me that he was just going to cook me dinner at home. So, around 6:00, after I'd had my shower and gotten "pretty" for our date at home, he brought me a present. It was a pretty little dress I had spotted at Banana Republic a few weeks ago. He told me I needed something special to wear tonight...because we were going out! I was so surprised! So, he took me to Texas de Brazil in downtown Memphis and it was really delicious. It's one of those places where you eat a ton of food, so we ended up in food comas afterwards.
Here are a couple pictures we took after we got home:





And my last photo was just for fun. I took it this morning as the sun was shining through the front door on to my other valentine flowers. I love tulips and I picked these up when I knew we were having company :) Between these and Keith's roses, we're are just lovin' the way it smells around here!

0 responses. Leave a Comment!:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment. I love to hear from readers and each message means a lot to me!

I respond to questions by email. If you leave a question in your comment, please make sure to list your email address or check your profile settings to ensure that it will be visible to me. I want to be able to write you back! :)