Hello! Welcome to Keeping Up with the Joneses. Thanks for stopping by! We're a young couple living in the East Arkansas/Memphis area otherwise known as The Delta, with a love for family, friends, faith and food.

We believe that some of the best memories are created at home around the dinner table, and when entertaining those you love. This little blog is where I share recipes, wine, our home and our life. Enjoy! -Kendall

What You'll Find:

I love to try new recipes. In fact, I rarely make the same thing twice. I'm a bona-fide cookbook collector, Pinterest addict and magazine aficionado. On the blog, you'll see what I've got cooking.

I love wine, y'all, so from time to time I feature bottles I've loved. Crafts and decorating our little house are passions of mine, so you may see some of that. Thanks for stopping by!

Peanut Butter Banana Bread

This bread is fantastic!

IMG_8842

You must make it soon, really, I beg you! Keith can't get enough of it, and claims it's even better than Banana Sour Cream Bread, which is saying a lot.

I made a few alterations to the Cooking Light recipe, as suggested by Culinary Covers (one of my favorite foodie blogs).

Peanut Butter Banana Bread

Ingredients:
1 1/2  cups  mashed ripe banana (about 3 bananas)
1/3  cup  plain fat-free yogurt
1/3  cup  creamy peanut butter
3  tablespoons  butter, melted
2  large eggs
1/2  cup  granulated sugar
1/2  cup  packed brown sugar
6.75  ounces  all-purpose flour (about 1 1/2 cups)
1/4  cup  ground flaxseed
3/4  teaspoon  baking soda
1/2  teaspoon  salt
1/2  teaspoon  ground cinnamon
1/8  teaspoon  ground allspice
Cooking spray

(optional glaze)
1/3 cup powdered sugar
1 Tablespoon 1% lowfat milk
1 Tablespoon creamy peanut butter


Instructions:
1. Preheat oven to 350°.
2. To prepare bread, combine first 5 ingredients in a large bowl; beat with a mixer at medium speed. Add granulated and brown sugars; beat until blended.
3. Weigh or lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cups; level with a knife. Combine flour and next 5 ingredients (through allspice) in a small bowl. Add flour mixture to banana mixture; beat just until blended. Pour batter into a 9 x 5-inch loaf pan coated with cooking spray (I made mine into 4 mini-loaves and they was perfect!). Bake at 350° for 1 hour and 5 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean (I would bake for less time and check them if you're doing mini loaves). Remove from oven; cool 10 minutes in pan on a wire rack. Remove bread from pan; cool.
4. Optional - to prepare glaze, combine powdered sugar, milk, and 1 tablespoon peanut butter in a small bowl, stirring with a whisk. Drizzle glaze over bread.



If you plan on eating the bread on the same day, then the glaze would be great. But, for keeping purposes it won't last very well. Plus, I really don't think it needs anything extra!

IMG_8837

I wrapped up a little loaf in parchment paper as a gift for a sweet friend. I used my favorite self-inking stamp by PSA Essentials and stamped a little cardboard gift tag. If you have anyone on your Christmas list that loves to cook, this little stamp is a perfect gift!!

IMG_8840

Happy baking :)

 

10 responses. Leave a Comment!:

jenn from midlife modern said...

Girl, that packaging is the cutest thing ever!! I love the stamp...thanks for the link! I think I may have to gift myself with that. And that bread sounds indulgently delicious.

Kristen {a little ditty} said...

The way you wrapped up the bread is so darn cute!! I love your stamp! And where did you get the nice cardboard circles with a hole punch from?

Jamie said...

Peanut butter and banana bread?! Two of my favorite things :) I'll definitely have to try this!

I love how you wrapped it...too cute!

Leah @ Everyday Love said...

Oh my goodness, I am in love with the wrapping and stamp! I must order one ASAP! I have this recipe in my folder to make too!

Anonymous said...

That is completely adorable!! Love it :)

Anonymous said...

mmmm that sounds amazing! I might make that today :)

Cassandra said...

Peanut butter is my absolute favorite! I will definitely have to try this one! I passed on a blog award to ya! Check out my post today!

Colleen Sullivan said...

I am SO buying that stamp! Cuuute!

Courtney McShan said...

I can attest to the deliciousness that this is :) It was yummy!

Michelle said...

I found you from Jamie's link up ... this sounds amazing. And I just happen to have bananas that are too ripe for me to eat, so I'll be making this tonight! Happy Wednesday.

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment. I love to hear from readers and each message means a lot to me!

I respond to questions by email. If you leave a question in your comment, please make sure to list your email address or check your profile settings to ensure that it will be visible to me. I want to be able to write you back! :)