Hello! Welcome to Keeping Up with the Joneses. Thanks for stopping by! We're a young couple living in the East Arkansas/Memphis area otherwise known as The Delta, with a love for family, friends, faith and food.

We believe that some of the best memories are created at home around the dinner table, and when entertaining those you love. This little blog is where I share recipes, wine, our home and our life. Enjoy! -Kendall

What You'll Find:

I love to try new recipes. In fact, I rarely make the same thing twice. I'm a bona-fide cookbook collector, Pinterest addict and magazine aficionado. On the blog, you'll see what I've got cooking.

I love wine, y'all, so from time to time I feature bottles I've loved. Crafts and decorating our little house are passions of mine, so you may see some of that. Thanks for stopping by!

Sweet Potato Soup with Rosemary

Scrumptious.

IMG_8771


This soup, my friends, is amazing! I LOVE it. My mom made this dish a week ago when we drove through Little Rock and I was so impressed, I couldn't wait to make it myself. At first taste, you aren't sure whether it's made with squash, pumpkin or sweet potatoes. This mixture of ingredients is divine! Mom acquired the recipe at a recent cooking demonstration at the Winthrop Rockefeller Institute.We made a couple of slight adjustments.

Sweet Potato Soup with Rosemary

Ingredients:
2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
2 cups chicken or vegetable stock/broth
1 tsp fresh rosemary, chopped fine + more for garnish
1 shallot, chopped
2 Tbsp unsalted butter
1 Tbsp maple syrup
3 Tbsp mascarpone + some for garnish
Salt & pepper to taste

IMG_8750

You wouldn't believe the deliciousness that this combo produces.

IMG_8751

Peel the potatoes.

IMG_8752


Cut into cubes.

IMG_8753


Place stock in big pot over high heat.

IMG_8759


Add the potatoes, shallots and rosemary and bring to a boil.

IMG_8760


Boil until very tender. Turn the heat to low or off.

IMG_8761


In a small bowl, combine softened butter with maple syrup, salt & pepper...

IMG_8766


... and the yummy mascarpone.
(I can't help but pronounce that word like Giada...very enunciated! :)

IMG_8767


Add the mixture to the potatoes.

IMG_8769


And puree it all together! Fun!
This is when I love having an immersion blender.

IMG_8773

Place into bowls and top with a bit of mascarpone, a sprig of rosemary and salt & pepper.

Amazing!

This makes 4 regular-size servings and would make about 8 ramekin-size servings, which would be a perfect start to a meal.

5 responses. Leave a Comment!:

Leah @ Everyday Love said...

That looks divine! I'm adding it to my meals next week!

Colleen Sullivan said...

This looks good. Was it more sweet or savory?

Kendall Jones said...

Hey Colleen! I would say more on the sweet side. It's not something you would want to eat a lot of at once because it's so rich, so this is good to combine with something else, I think.

Erin said...

I LOVE sweet potatoes! Can't wait to try this one!

Natalie Smith Hite said...

Kendall,

I made this over the weekend and it was divine! I didn't have an immersion blender so I used a potato masher and that worked just fine. I used a little more broth, but it has still thickened up and was an awesome side for Monday night's dinner. Keep em coming!

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment. I love to hear from readers and each message means a lot to me!

I respond to questions by email. If you leave a question in your comment, please make sure to list your email address or check your profile settings to ensure that it will be visible to me. I want to be able to write you back! :)