Two soup recipes in one week- watch out!!! It's got everything to do with the colder weather :)
Chunky Tomato Basil Soup (from my friend, Betty Crocker, via Tablespoon)
Ingredients:
2 Tbsp butter
1 medium onion, chopped (about 1/2 cup)
3 small carrots, shredded (1 cup)
2 Tbsp all-purpose flour
1 cup half and half
1 jar (26 oz) chunky tomato sauce recipe (I choose Ragu Sundried Tomato & Sweet Basil)
1 can (14.5 oz) diced tomatoes, undrained (I picked Del Monte with Basil, Garlic & Oregano)
1/4 cup chopped fresh basil (I didn't have any, so I used dried, and added chopped parsley as a garnish)
Who would have thought carrots would be in this!?
In 3-quart saucepan, heat butter over medium-high heat.
Add onion and carrots; cook and stir 3 to 4 minutes or until softened.
Add flour;
cook and stir until moistened.
Gradually add half-and-half,
cooking and stirring about 2 minutes or until smooth.
Stir in remaining ingredients.
Cover; cook over medium heat about 15 minutes, stirring frequently, just until mixture comes to a boil.
If desired, top with additional chopped fresh basil leaves (or parsley leaves if your grocery store conveniently runs out of basil when you need it, like mine :)







2 responses. Leave a Comment!:
We'll be trying this over the weekend for sure!
Can I make this recipe without adding the onion and carrots? Would I still need to do the butter, and half and half?
Post a Comment
Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment. I love to hear from readers and each message means a lot to me!
I respond to questions by email. If you leave a question in your comment, please make sure to list your email address or check your profile settings to ensure that it will be visible to me. I want to be able to write you back! :)