Hello! Welcome to Keeping Up with the Joneses. Thanks for stopping by! We're a young couple living in the East Arkansas/Memphis area otherwise known as The Delta, with a love for family, friends, faith and food.

We believe that some of the best memories are created at home around the dinner table, and when entertaining those you love. This little blog is where I share recipes, wine, our home and our life. Enjoy! -Kendall

What You'll Find:

I love to try new recipes. In fact, I rarely make the same thing twice. I'm a bona-fide cookbook collector, Pinterest addict and magazine aficionado. On the blog, you'll see what I've got cooking.

I love wine, y'all, so from time to time I feature bottles I've loved. Crafts and decorating our little house are passions of mine, so you may see some of that. Thanks for stopping by!

Stuffed Mushrooms

Tasty.

IMG_6947

Tonight I was feelin' dangerous. And I skipped my work out class. Oops. So, to celebrate my lack of calorie-burning, I made something healthy.

Not.

Stuffed Mushrooms (from Kraft)

Ingredients:
15-20 fresh mushrooms
3 Tbsp butter
2 Tbsp finely chopped onion
2 Tbsp finely chopped red peppers
14 Ritz crackers, finely crushed
2 Tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
1/2 tsp Italian seasoning


Start by preheating the oven to 400

IMG_6915

These are really, really simple. I believe appetizers should be!

IMG_6917

Snap the stems off all the mushrooms

IMG_6920

Chop them up and keep enough to measure 1/4 cup. Discard the rest (or save for another use).

IMG_6922

Chop enough onion for 2 Tbsp

IMG_6923

I didn't have a fresh red pepper, so I chopped 2 Tbsp jarred roasted peppers and they were great.

IMG_6924

In a skillet over medium heat, melt 3 Tbsp butter

IMG_6926

Add the chopped mushrooms, onions and peppers and cook until tender

IMG_6931

Remove the pan from heat and add the cracker crumbs, cheese and Italian seasoning

IMG_6932

Stir together

IMG_6937

Stuff into the mushrooms and place on a baking sheet

Bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown and heated through

IMG_6938

They are addicting and delicious!

IMG_6946

I love bite-sized appetizers

IMG_6947

YUM

I know stuffed mushrooms are not revolutionary, but they are so scrumptious! It's another great Kraft recipe to add to my collection!

3 responses. Leave a Comment!:

B said...

Those look DELICIOUS! Now, if only I could get my husband to eat mushrooms. He's stubborn when it comes to those things. Ha!

Stayingstrong said...

My favorite "go-to" (super easy, very popular) favorite Mushroom recipe that I think you would enjoy:

Cream cheese, bacon pieces (real or in the bag real), grated cheddar cheese and garlic salt.

Bake 350; about 20 mins..... YUM!!

It takes me about 20 mins for prep AND cook time and they are all gone before they cool.

Love your site... great recipes!

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment. I love to hear from readers and each message means a lot to me!

I respond to questions by email. If you leave a question in your comment, please make sure to list your email address or check your profile settings to ensure that it will be visible to me. I want to be able to write you back! :)