Hello! Welcome to Keeping Up with the Joneses. Thanks for stopping by! We're a young couple living in the East Arkansas/Memphis area otherwise known as The Delta, with a love for family, friends, faith and food.

We believe that some of the best memories are created at home around the dinner table, and when entertaining those you love. This little blog is where I share recipes, wine, our home and our life. Enjoy! -Kendall

What You'll Find:

I love to try new recipes. In fact, I rarely make the same thing twice. I'm a bona-fide cookbook collector, Pinterest addict and magazine aficionado. On the blog, you'll see what I've got cooking.

I love wine, y'all, so from time to time I feature bottles I've loved. Crafts and decorating our little house are passions of mine, so you may see some of that. Thanks for stopping by!

Menu Monday 8/9 and a Poll!

Happy Monday!

I think this week is going to be delicious. I'm pumped about what I've picked out!

menu 8-9

From top left:

Chicken and Artichokes in a White Wine Sauce - I saw this recently on Annie's Eats (a beautiful food blog, check it out!) and it sounds so good. Looks pretty easy, too!

*Update: this tasted wonderful! just fab!

Asian Lettuce Cups - Keith and I love lettuce wraps. Pei Wei has some great ones, and so does Mosa. I saw this recipe in the August edition of Cooking Light and it sounds excellent. Looks like it's already received some good reviews online, so I'm excited to make it.

*Update: WOW! this was restaurant quality. we went crazy for it!

Baked Halibut Topped with Zucchini, Tomato, Dill and Feta - I saw this recipe on For the Love of Cooking and it just sounds fabulous! You should head over to her blog and subscribe! It's beautiful and has me craving everything I see! Anyway, I've not done anything with halibut at home before, but this recipe sounds really easy and different.

Update: Oops, never got around to making this!

Cajun Shrimp with Smoked Gouda Grits - This is a Pampered Chef recipe in one of my "29 Minutes to Dinner" cookbooks. I can't find the recipe online anywhere, so if it's good, I will be posting it.  Anne, this is one you might like!! :)

Update: SO good!

Now, on to something else!

I have a very important question for ya: What do you want to see more of on this blog?
I want to give the people what they want! So, I'm starting a series of polls to figure out that very thing.

First up, recipe  categories.

I'm assuming Main Dishes are the most popular category of recipes that you'd like to see. I know that's where I always want new ideas! So, don't worry, the focus on dinner is not going away. But, there are other meals and dishes that I don't want to leave out. So, I'm asking YOU, readers, to tell me what you'd like to see more of!  

So, here's the first opinion poll.... and who doesn't like expressing their opinion!? :) If using a feed reader, you'll need to click over to the real site. For the winning category, I will do a series of 10 posts dedicated to that topic! I'll announce next Monday. Woo hoo!!

Part 1: What category would you like to see more of?


6 responses. Leave a Comment!:

Courtney McShan said...

Main dishes!!!!! On the way to the grocery now! My list is organized and I'm setting a PR this time!

alissa {33shadesofgreen} said...

Yum, everything sounds great. The chicken & artichoke dish sounds especially delish.

Carpet cleaners Sacramento said...

Thank you, I've been looking for facts about this subject for ages and yours is the best I have found so far.

Florida Bankruptcy Laws said...

Chicken breasts are coated with a seasoned flour mixture, and combined with a white wine & broth sauce with artichokes & mushrooms.

societe hk said...

Those are all delicious, they made me hungry.

Expunged said...

I'm sure it really taste wonderful and fabulous!

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment. I love to hear from readers and each message means a lot to me!

I respond to questions by email. If you leave a question in your comment, please make sure to list your email address or check your profile settings to ensure that it will be visible to me. I want to be able to write you back! :)