Hello! Welcome to Keeping Up with the Joneses. Thanks for stopping by! We're a young couple living in the East Arkansas/Memphis area otherwise known as The Delta, with a love for family, friends, faith and food.

We believe that some of the best memories are created at home around the dinner table, and when entertaining those you love. This little blog is where I share recipes, wine, our home and our life. Enjoy! -Kendall

What You'll Find:

I love to try new recipes. In fact, I rarely make the same thing twice. I'm a bona-fide cookbook collector, Pinterest addict and magazine aficionado. On the blog, you'll see what I've got cooking.

I love wine, y'all, so from time to time I feature bottles I've loved. Crafts and decorating our little house are passions of mine, so you may see some of that. Thanks for stopping by!

Deltas in Destin

What a trip! I'm back from my 4 day weekend in Destin, Florida with 3 of my bestest friends from college.

Get ready for lots of pictures!!

IMG_6799

Meredith, Me, Kelsey and Collin.

Representing Fayetteville, AR; Memphis, TN; Dallas, TX and Ashdown, AR respectively.
It was so great to be together again for 4 full days!

IMG_6861

This was the view from our condo! So pretty!
IMG_6862

Such beautiful colors

IMG_6800

Dinner on our first night at Harbor Docks. Yummy! 
I love this group picture.

IMG_6801

The lovely harbor view from our dinner table

IMG_6806

We are so thankful that we picked up some rafts. It was SO HOT down there that being in the water or the shade is practically the only way you can stand it!

IMG_6810

Beach babes!

IMG_6811

Each night we pulled up our chairs and got ready together in front of the wall of mirrors! We would sip our wine and play some tunes. It was just like our old days of being roommates in the Tridelt house!

IMG_6812

So fun!

IMG_6813

Kelsey definitely rounds out the group with her soft blonde locks. Me, Mere and Collin have some crazy brunette beach curls going on!

IMG_6817

Not sure why Kels is making a sad face!?

IMG_6818

I am burnt up!! A much pinker version of myself :)

IMG_6837

Friday night we had dinner at Crab Trap!

IMG_6828

Kels and Collin enjoying our breezy beach view

IMG_6829

Meredith and I are lovin' our crab legs. Gotta work for them a little, but well worth it!

IMG_6831

One happy camper! Food makes me really excited.

IMG_6835

Crack those legs, Mere!

IMG_6838

Mmmmmmm Good!

IMG_6841

This look is SO Kelsey!

IMG_6847





IMG_6848

Saturday morning we hit up The Donut Hole, a famous spot!

IMG_6850

Kels and Collin in matching colors

IMG_6851

Mere is ready for her donut and then the beach!

IMG_6853

Great way to start the morning!

IMG_6855

The delicious Dutch Crumb!


Unfortunately, we had to drop Collin off at the airport early for a wedding she was attending back in Arkansas. We were sad to see her go early, but so thankful that she was able to come!

IMG_6856

Back on the beach, we did what we do best: Nothing!

IMG_6857

Again, I cannot express enough just how HOT it was!

IMG_6858

Thank goodness for my hat.... after I allowed my forehead to get so burned the day before. Oops!

IMG_6867

That evening, after some rain clouds moved through, the sky turned a beautiful color.

IMG_6865

IMG_6880

Glorious!

IMG_6882

Mere and I looked at the sky for so long!

IMG_6886

On our last day (today), we headed to Seaside for some good eats and strolling around. At Great Southern Cafe, Kelsey ordered the Fried Green Tomatoes Benedict...

IMG_6888

And Mere and I had the Grits a Ya-Ya. Fabulous! In fact, everything I ate on this trip was delish.

IMG_6898

Strolling around a very cute, chic market shop area

IMG_6891

Kels cools off in front of the fan. Again, so hot out!

IMG_6893

Grabbin' a pic of myself in a mirror. I was nice and schwettyyyyyyyy. Or "glistening."

IMG_6894

Lots of lovely goodies around!

IMG_6896

I wanted one of everything, but there wasn't room in my suitcase, or wallet! :)

IMG_6897

Group shot in the mirror!

IMG_6900
 
Adorable Seaside.
 
IMG_6901
 
 
IMG_6902

Cutest Post Office eva.

IMG_6907

Loved all the little food trucks! We ordered some snow cones from Frost Bites...


IMG_6908

Peach/banana....and ice cold on a scorching August day!

IMG_6909

We savored every second in Seaside before heading back to the airport to make our way home.


Thank you, friends, for a wonderful time together! I love that we picked right back up where we left off and didn't miss a beat. My friend cup is full and I'm already looking forward to the next trip! :)

4 responses. Leave a Comment!:

Melissa said...

I love Destin and we always go to Crab Trap when we're there! I'm glad you had a blast!

Jamie said...

Love all the pictures and y'alls beachy hair :) Glad y'all had fun!

B said...

The sunset was absolutely beautiful! Looks like a very fun time :)

Anonymous said...

Looks like a perfect girls weekend! Gorgeous photos...

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment. I love to hear from readers and each message means a lot to me!

I respond to questions by email. If you leave a question in your comment, please make sure to list your email address or check your profile settings to ensure that it will be visible to me. I want to be able to write you back! :)