Hello! Welcome to Keeping Up with the Joneses. Thanks for stopping by! We're a young couple living in the East Arkansas/Memphis area otherwise known as The Delta, with a love for family, friends, faith and food.

We believe that some of the best memories are created at home around the dinner table, and when entertaining those you love. This little blog is where I share recipes, wine, our home and our life. Enjoy! -Kendall

What You'll Find:

I love to try new recipes. In fact, I rarely make the same thing twice. I'm a bona-fide cookbook collector, Pinterest addict and magazine aficionado. On the blog, you'll see what I've got cooking.

I love wine, y'all, so from time to time I feature bottles I've loved. Crafts and decorating our little house are passions of mine, so you may see some of that. Thanks for stopping by!

Rosemary-Mustard Pork Tenderloin with Peaches

What to do after a stressful day at work? Cook with wine.

And drink it, too.

IMG_7009

This delicious recipe from Food Network Magazine made my Friday night all better!
Each ingredient was something I love, so I knew it had to be made.


IMG_6967
(Like the pork on a pig cutting board? The irony.
I'm a dork.)


Rosemary-Mustard Pork Tenderloin with Peaches

Ingredients:
2 (1 lb) pork tenderloins (or in our case, just one that weighed 1.7 lbs)
Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
Vegetable oil or grill spray
3 firm-ripe peaches
1/2 cup dry white wine
1/2 cup water
1/3 cup packed light brown sugar
1 lemon
2 teaspoons whole-grain mustard
1/4 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary, plus 1 or 2 small sprigs


Recipe note: this is easier and faster if you have someone to do the grilling while you work on the peaches. Keith wasn't home yet, so I did the recipe a little backwards. I did everything the recipe called for and we just started the grilling later in the process, this is pretty much what you'd have to do if you were making it alone.

Anyway, let's get on with it.


Preheat the grill to high. Pat the pork dry and season with salt and pepper. Lightly oil the grill, then grill the pork, turning, until marked, about 10 minutes.

IMG_6973

Meanwhile, slice the peaches in half, remove the pit and cut into slices. Keep that skin on, unless it bothers you.

IMG_6983

In a saucepan, combine the sliced peaches, brown sugar, white wine, 1/2 cup water. Over the pan, zest the entire lemon, then cut it in half and squeeze the juices over the pan.

IMG_6985

Cover and cook for 5-7 minutes over medium-high heat until the peaches are tender.

IMG_6990

It will look like this. And your house will smell AMAZING.

IMG_6992

Remove the peaches with a slotted spoon and put in a bowl.

IMG_6999

To the juices left in the pan, add 2 teaspoons of the mustard, 1/2 tsp salt and 1/4 tsp pepper and stir.

IMG_6995

Remove 1/3 cup of the liquid left in the pan and put in a small dish. Add in 1/4 teaspoon chopped rosemary and take this out to the grill. Use this to baste the pork during the rest of its grilling process.

IMG_6998

You'll want to grill the pork, basting it throughout, until a thermometer registers 145 when inserted into thickest part. This is the best and easiest way to determine if it's done. So, get'cha a thermometer if you don't have one.

IMG_6999

While the grilling is finishing up, you're going to make a syrup out of what juices are left in the pan. Simmer until it starts to thinking up and then pour it over the peaches in the bowl. Add a few sprigs of rosemary.


IMG_7001

Move the pork to a cutting board. Ahh, it's glorious.
 
IMG_7006

Slice into medallions...

IMG_7011

And serve with the peaches. It is outstanding! We loved it. I made sure that each piece of pork I ate had a peach on top. YUM!

I added a side salad with blackberries, raspberries, pecans and goat cheese.

Enjoy!

1 responses. Leave a Comment!:

Unknown said...

Thanks Kendall for this recipe. I made this tonight and everyone in my family loved it!

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment. I love to hear from readers and each message means a lot to me!

I respond to questions by email. If you leave a question in your comment, please make sure to list your email address or check your profile settings to ensure that it will be visible to me. I want to be able to write you back! :)