Friends, do you remember that poll I had on the blog last week? The one where I asked you what recipe types you'd like to see more of? Well, with a total of 77 votes, Appetizers won!
As promised, I'll be posting 10 appetizer recipes over the next few weeks. Get excited! Side dishes came in second, so I'm going to make a concentrated effort to post more of those, too. Thanks for the feedback!
First up, is a Mediterranean Spread. It is so quick and easy! And I believe appetizers should be. Plus, anything with cream cheese in it is bound to be fab.po
As promised, I'll be posting 10 appetizer recipes over the next few weeks. Get excited! Side dishes came in second, so I'm going to make a concentrated effort to post more of those, too. Thanks for the feedback!
First up, is a Mediterranean Spread. It is so quick and easy! And I believe appetizers should be. Plus, anything with cream cheese in it is bound to be fab.po
Mediterranean Spread (recipe from Kraft, with a few of my adjustments)
Ingredients:
1 pkg. (8 oz.) cream cheese, softened
2 Tbsp mayonnaise
1 Tbsp minced garlic
1 jar (7 oz.)roasted red peppers, drained, chopped
1 pkg. (4 oz.) crumbled feta cheese (with tomato & basil)
1/2 cup chopped kalamata olives
1/4 cup Balsamic Vinaigrette Dressing
2 Tbsp. chopped fresh parsley
Simple, simple!
In a micro-safe bowl, soften the cream cheese, if you haven't already. Add the mayo and the garlic. Stir to combine.
Spread on to bottom of dish.
In another bowl, combine the olives, peppers, feta, parsley and dressing. Stir well.
Note: This mixture can be made ahead of time and kept in the fridge until ready to serve.
Spoon on top of cheese mixture. Garnish with parsley, and serve with crackers!
This was really easy and makes a lot. Would be great for a party!!







4 responses. Leave a Comment!:
Kendall - This sounds and looks delicious! I'm glad that appetizers won!
Come live with me.
Thanks.
Yum! I can't wait to have an occasion to make this.
this looks so good!!!!
Post a Comment
Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment. I love to hear from readers and each message means a lot to me!
I respond to questions by email. If you leave a question in your comment, please make sure to list your email address or check your profile settings to ensure that it will be visible to me. I want to be able to write you back! :)