I have the easiest recipe for you guys! This could not be more simple: 3 ingredients. Light. Full of flavor. So... you should definitely make it.
Kroger has a fairly new line of organic, natural products called Simple Truth. I love everything I've tried. These Natural Exotic Vegetable Chips are fantastic! They are low in sodium and fit within my Total Transformation eating requirements.
The other day, I was snacking on some and thought there had to be a way to use these in a recipe. I've seen a lot of chip-crusted chicken recipes on Pinterest, but the chicken is either dredged in flour and egg, or soaked in buttermilk first. To make it healthier, I dipped mine in egg white. It was DELISH!
To ensure crispiness, I placed an oven-safe cooling rack on a baking sheet and sprayed with cooking spray. This allows the heat to circulate around the food and cook it more evenly. I do this with any coated chicken, fish, etc. It makes a big difference!
Skinny Root Vegetable Chip-Crusted Chicken
click-here for printer-friendly version
Ingredients:
1.25 - 1.5 lbs of organic chicken breasts or tenders
1 bag of Simple Truth Natural Exotic Vegetable Chips (or Terra chips, but they are tad higher in sodium)
1/4 cup egg whites
Cooking Spray
Preheat oven to 375. Place cooling rack over baking sheet and spray with a little cooking spray.
Pulse all of the chips in a food processor until large pieces are broken down. You could also place in a large ziplock bag and crush. Place in a small dish.
Cut chicken breasts into tenders, if not already. Place the egg whites in another small dish.
Dip chicken in egg whites, allowing excess to drip off, then place in chip pieces and coat. Place chicken on baking sheet. Repeat until all are coated. Before placing in over, spray chicken with a little bit of cooking spray.
Bake for 25-30 minutes. My tenders were pretty small, so 25 minutes was perfect.
These made for pretty good leftovers, too. The natural chips have a slight oiliness to them, so I stored them on wax paper in an airtight container.
Each serving of 2 tenders is about 185 calories and 270 mg of sodium. Yay!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)










1 responses. Leave a Comment!:
I'm going to have to try this!! Thanks!!!
Post a Comment
Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment. I love to hear from readers and each message means a lot to me!
I respond to questions by email. If you leave a question in your comment, please make sure to list your email address or check your profile settings to ensure that it will be visible to me. I want to be able to write you back! :)