Hello! Welcome to Keeping Up with the Joneses. Thanks for stopping by! We're a young couple living in the East Arkansas/Memphis area otherwise known as The Delta, with a love for family, friends, faith and food.

We believe that some of the best memories are created at home around the dinner table, and when entertaining those you love. This little blog is where I share recipes, wine, our home and our life. Enjoy! -Kendall

What You'll Find:

I love to try new recipes. In fact, I rarely make the same thing twice. I'm a bona-fide cookbook collector, Pinterest addict and magazine aficionado. On the blog, you'll see what I've got cooking.

I love wine, y'all, so from time to time I feature bottles I've loved. Crafts and decorating our little house are passions of mine, so you may see some of that. Thanks for stopping by!

Skinny Egg White Veggie Muffins

I have another tasty, clean, low-calorie, healthy dish to share! In my Total Transformation challenge so far, I've discovered breakfast is a challenge for me. I need something convenient and fast as I tend to grab on my way out the door and eat at my desk. My favorite thing is Chobani yogurt, but the reason it tastes so good is the amount of sugar included....of course! In an effort to cut back a bit more, I tried these egg white muffins from Eat Yourself Skinny. I made a few modifications and they turned out great! I baked them on Sunday afternoon and they keep well in the refrigerator or freezer. The are super low in calories, so I microwave 2 each morning. You could use any combination of veggies and herbs to mix things up.

image

Skinny Egg White Veggie Muffins
click here for printer-friendly version

Ingredients:
14 egg whites
4 eggs
4 green onions, chopped
2 carrots, shredded
1/2 red pepper, minced
1/2 zucchini, shredded
1/2 cup baby portobello mushrooms, chopped
1 tsp fresh chopped basil
1/2 tsp fresh chopped parsley
1/4 tsp dried oregano
Fresh-cracked pepper
Sea salt (I omitted to reduce sodium)


Preheat oven to 375. Spray muffin tin evenly with cooking spray, or line with baking liners.

Combine veggies in a large bowl and toss to combine. Fill each muffin cup roughly 2/3 full.

Whisk eggs and seasonings in a bowl and pour into the muffin cups. They will be full to the top by the time you spread the mixture around the tin.

Bake muffins for 30 minutes until they are slightly browned.

image

Enjoy!!

image

1 responses. Leave a Comment!:

Mrs Gable said...

I tried a recipe like this and it went all types of wrong. was over cooked on top and still runny in the middle. I am hoping your recipe will work out better. These will be perfect for brunch!

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment. I love to hear from readers and each message means a lot to me!

I respond to questions by email. If you leave a question in your comment, please make sure to list your email address or check your profile settings to ensure that it will be visible to me. I want to be able to write you back! :)