If you don't have an immersion blender, you could put the soup into a blender in two batches. Just remove the center of lid to allow steam to escape, but cover it with a towel to avoid splatters. But, really, if you love to cook, you'd love an immersion blender. It's one of my favorite gadgets.
Skinny Sweet Potato Soup with Turkey Bacon Crumbles
click here for printer-friendly version
Ingredients:
2 pounds sweet potatoes, halved lengthwise (about 2 large) 1/4 cup water
2 teaspoons olive oil 1 cup chopped onion
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper 4 cups unsalted chicken stock (such as Swanson)
1/4 teaspoon salt $ (I omitted) 6 turkey bacon slices, cooked and crumbled 1 ounce fresh Parmesan cheese, shaved (about 1/4 cup) 2 tablespoons flat-leaf parsley leaves (optional)
- Place potatoes, cut sides down, in an 11 x 7-inch microwave-safe
baking dish. Add 1/4 cup water; cover with plastic wrap. Microwave at
HIGH 15 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Cool slightly; discard
potato skins.
- Heat a saucepan over medium-high heat. Add oil; swirl to coat. Add onion; sauté 1 minute or until translucent. Stir in cumin and red pepper. Add stock to pan; bring to a boil. Using an immersion blender, blend until the soup is smooth. Add salt, if desired. Divide soup evenly among 6 bowls; sprinkle cooked turkey bacon and Parmesan cheese evenly over top. Garnish with parsley, if desired.
Enjoy! Happy Fall :)








2 responses. Leave a Comment!:
So glad you posted this recipe! I have some sweet potatoes I am trying to figure out what to do with! Thanks!
Love your blog and all the recipes you post! I'm bummed you haven't updated in a while. I'm wondering if you have another/new blog? Hope all is well and sending you lots of love all the way from Cali! Hope to hear from you soon!
Post a Comment
Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment. I love to hear from readers and each message means a lot to me!
I respond to questions by email. If you leave a question in your comment, please make sure to list your email address or check your profile settings to ensure that it will be visible to me. I want to be able to write you back! :)