The turkey burger would be great by itself (and I plan to use that basic recipe from now on), but adding the bruschetta really amps it up. It also looks beautiful - and we do eat with our eyes first :)
To reduce the sodium, I left out salt.

Naked Turkey Bruschetta Burger
click here for printer-friendly version
Bruschetta Ingredients:
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- fresh cracked pepper to taste
- 3 medium vine ripe tomatoes
- 2 small cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 3 oz part skim mozzarella, diced (I chopped up 3 string cheese)
- 1.25 lbs 93% lean ground turkey
- 1 small zucchini, grated (1 cup, or 5 oz)
- 1/4 cup seasoned whole wheat breadcrumbs
- 1 clove garlic, grated
- 1 tbsp red onion, grated
- fresh pepper
- oil spray
- 2 medium tomatoes, sliced into 10 thin slices
- 4 loose cups baby arugula (I used mixture of spinach and arugula)
Squeeze the excess moisture from the zucchini in a paper towel. In a large bowl, combine the ground turkey, shredded zucchini, breadcrumbs, garlic, onion, and pepper. Form into 5 equal sized patties about 5 oz each, forming them as flat as possible.
Heat a large skillet on medium-high heat. When hot, lightly spray with oil. Add the burgers to the pan and reduce the heat to medium-low. Cook until browned, about 4 minutes, then flip and cook another 4 minutes, careful not to burn.
To serve, arrange 3 slices of tomatoes on each dish, then place 1 cup arugula on top in the center, then top with the burger and finish with the bruschetta (don't forget to add the cheese), serve right away.
Enjoy!







2 responses. Leave a Comment!:
Yummm. I can't wait to try this!
As stated by Stanford Medical, It is indeed the SINGLE reason this country's women live 10 years more and weigh on average 42 lbs less than us.
(And really, it has absolutely NOTHING to do with genetics or some secret-exercise and really, EVERYTHING around "HOW" they are eating.)
P.S, What I said is "HOW", and not "WHAT"...
Tap this link to uncover if this brief quiz can help you unlock your true weight loss possibilities
Post a Comment
Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment. I love to hear from readers and each message means a lot to me!
I respond to questions by email. If you leave a question in your comment, please make sure to list your email address or check your profile settings to ensure that it will be visible to me. I want to be able to write you back! :)