Hello! Welcome to Keeping Up with the Joneses. Thanks for stopping by! We're a young couple living in the East Arkansas/Memphis area otherwise known as The Delta, with a love for family, friends, faith and food.

We believe that some of the best memories are created at home around the dinner table, and when entertaining those you love. This little blog is where I share recipes, wine, our home and our life. Enjoy! -Kendall

What You'll Find:

I love to try new recipes. In fact, I rarely make the same thing twice. I'm a bona-fide cookbook collector, Pinterest addict and magazine aficionado. On the blog, you'll see what I've got cooking.

I love wine, y'all, so from time to time I feature bottles I've loved. Crafts and decorating our little house are passions of mine, so you may see some of that. Thanks for stopping by!

Mango Ginger Salmon Salad

I almost titled this recipe "Quick-Easy-Healthy-Clean Mango Ginger Salmon Salad" but I though that was a little long :) 

I'm currently participating in a 6-week health and fitness challenge at my gym called Total Transformation. It's pretty intense, which is just what I need. It means that I'm drinking gobs of water, eating lots of small meals throughout the day and working out and strength training more in a week than I usually do. I'm 4 days in and so far, so good! My hope is to be a slimmer, more healthy version of myself 6 weeks from now, and to have adopted these habits long after the 6 weeks ends. And, you'll probably start seeing lots of cleaner, leaner recipes on Keeping Up with the Joneses!

This salad is super fast, fresh and flavorful.You could easily mix in different veggies and herbs.


Mango Ginger Salmon Salad

Mango Ginger Salmon Salad
click here for printer-friendly version

Ingredients:
2 salmon filets
1 tbsp Naturally Fresh Mango Ginger Vinaigrette Salad Dressing
4 cups spinach leaves
1/2 cucumber, sliced
1 large carrot (or handful of baby carrots), sliced
3 green onions, sliced
1/2 cup grape tomatoes, sliced
2 tbsp chopped fresh cilantro
Additional dressing


Mango Ginger Salmon

Preheat broiler.  Line baking pan with parchment paper, or spray with cooking spray.

Brush salmon filets with with salad dressing. Broil for 12-14 minutes. My oven has a high and low setting choice, so I used low and bumped it up to high for the last few minutes for a little extra crisp.

While salmon broils, assemble salad with remaining ingredients. Top with salmon filets and drizzle with additional dressing.


Mango Ginger Dressing

Yum!


2 responses. Leave a Comment!:

Lauren Phelps said...

Beautiful! The salmon looks amazing! Good luck on your 6 week challenge! You can do it!

Unknown said...

Just came across this recipe on Pinterest and it looks so refreshing, can't wait to try it this week. I've never seen this dressing before so hopefully I can find something similar. I hope your 6 week challenge was successful.

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment. I love to hear from readers and each message means a lot to me!

I respond to questions by email. If you leave a question in your comment, please make sure to list your email address or check your profile settings to ensure that it will be visible to me. I want to be able to write you back! :)