The best way to describe this weekend is 'time well spent.' I finally saw MY SISTER! This is rare, and always such a blessing. Jennifer lives in a land far, far away so visits are hard to come by. This weekend was especially nice because Jennifer got to see her whole family - together!
Hayley, Jennifer, Kendall and Lindsey
Jennifer has a cool family. Different. Blended. Fun. We are the twisted sisters, as she call us! Jennifer and I are half sisters, and she has two other half-sisters older than me. So, Lindsey and Hayley are my sisters' sisters. And I love them, too. They're pretty fabulous! How special that we are part of each others lives and enjoy being together? We've celebrated several graduations and weddings, and been there for one another in hard times, too. I love that we have a special family!
Because my sister has two families to see, one in Little Rock and one near Nashville, we made it easier on her by all being in one place for a day. My parents picked Keith and I up here in Memphis and we headed to Nashville for the weekend.
As a sidebar, I love Nashville. And I did not leave town without a stop at Trader Joe's!
As a sidebar, I love Nashville. And I did not leave town without a stop at Trader Joe's!
Lindsey was kind enough to cook breakfast for us and we enjoyed the weather at her house before taking in the Nashville Zoo. Here are the pics:
Keith was a good sport and played with Jennifer's nephew, Aiden. Here he is as the Lion King, I assume!
My mom with Jerry, my brother in law.
My Dad tells Aiden a story, or was checking out his teeth - a dentist never misses an opportunity!
Jerry hides Aiden's eyes while we hide rubber chicken's around the yard.
Rubber chickens? Yep.
These rubber chickens came with a game called "Flickin' Chicken" - games have come a long way since I was a kid.
Off to the zoo next!
First sighting at the zoo - a lovely Macaw.
The meerkat exhibit was a favorite! It reminds me of this commercial! And this blooper reel. Too funny.
And it had a pretty cool tunnel up the center!
Aiden loved it!
Beautiful flamingos...
Keith demonstrates how they do it.
Now you know :)
Part of our entourage.
It was a beautiful day to be out and about, so I snagged a picture with my sister and my mom. This is just so rare it has to be documented.
Chillin' on a porch swing with my sweetie.
My two favorite dentists check out elephant molars on a skeleton!
And, last but not least, a picture before we left this morning.
I'm so thankful for our wonderful family, my twisted sisters, and the love we share! Finger's crossed it's not another year before our next reunion! I don't think I can wait that long :)

























2 responses. Leave a Comment!:
Looks like a really nice weekend! Having a sister is the greatest gift! My sister and I are so close and I love hanging out with her. I hope you get to see yours again soon :)
I'm so happy I got to see you! Our visit was far too short, but we made the best of it. Your pictures are fantastic! We need to schedule our next visit soon... Love you so much, sis!
Post a Comment
Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment. I love to hear from readers and each message means a lot to me!
I respond to questions by email. If you leave a question in your comment, please make sure to list your email address or check your profile settings to ensure that it will be visible to me. I want to be able to write you back! :)