Hello! Welcome to Keeping Up with the Joneses. Thanks for stopping by! We're a young couple living in the East Arkansas/Memphis area otherwise known as The Delta, with a love for family, friends, faith and food.

We believe that some of the best memories are created at home around the dinner table, and when entertaining those you love. This little blog is where I share recipes, wine, our home and our life. Enjoy! -Kendall

What You'll Find:

I love to try new recipes. In fact, I rarely make the same thing twice. I'm a bona-fide cookbook collector, Pinterest addict and magazine aficionado. On the blog, you'll see what I've got cooking.

I love wine, y'all, so from time to time I feature bottles I've loved. Crafts and decorating our little house are passions of mine, so you may see some of that. Thanks for stopping by!

Bachelorette in the Big D

I just returned from a girls weekend in Dallas for Joanna's bachelorette party... and, we had a blast!! I am so thankful for my wonderful friends and the memories we just made. Here are some of the highlights! I only took over a hundred pictures...

IMG_3631

The door to our suite at the fabulous W hotel!

IMG_3637

We added a few fun decorations and pictures of the bride and groom.

IMG_3634

Our group!! Kendall, Jessica, Lauren S, Whitney, Joanna, Melissa, Rachael and Lauren H - BEAUTIFUL bunch, huh?

IMG_3623

My long-time pal Jess and I joke around about our matching dresses! Gotta love Urban.

IMG_3628
Matching blues!

IMG_3645

We had a little lingerie shower, and we all admired Jessica's lovely gift wrapping job!

IMG_3647

My dog-town girls. Such great memories with these 4 friends!!

IMG_3657

After dinner in our room, we headed upstairs to the Ghost Bar - a Dallas hot spot!

IMG_3656

It was great to have a table with delicious drinks! I stuck with grapefruit and vodka - yum!

IMG_3661

The view from the top!

 IMG_3669

Wait.....wait....wait. Is that Fabio that just walked in!?! I love Joanna's face!

IMG_3674

Yep, that's the man himself - Fabio.

IMG_3673

He was great to take a picture with anyone that wanted one. His entourage was also quite familiar with taking the same picture on 5 cameras for large groups of ladies. 
Sidebar: He's 56.

IMG_3679

After a fun night of dancing, we headed to brunch at Bread Winners the next morning. We all had some delicious grub. It was a highlight, for sure!

We proceeded to shop around Dallas and then soak up a quick nap before more night time action...

IMG_3681

Dinner at Javier's - ladies in black, except for the lovely bride!

IMG_3685

Sweet Rachael and I

IMG_3690

Isn't Joanna gorgeous!?

IMG_3692

Not only was it Joanna's bachelorette night and St. Patty's Day - it was Melissa's birthday! How about that adorable hair? I want to recreate that ASAP.

IMG_3694

Carlos wanted to be sure she got a bite!

IMG_3697

Celebrating St Patrick's Day with my favorite leprechaun, Jessica. We have a St Patty's Day tradition dating back at least 9 years, and neither of us are Irish (as far as we know :). We give each other random goodies - we've done everything from Lucky Charms and cakes to figurines and singing bottle openers. This year, I found a card with a green mustache on it. Jessica upped her game and got me a shamrock nightgown from Walmart - it's appliqued and knee-length. Keith won't know what hit him! :)

IMG_3736

Next up - The Dram. I loved this bar!! It reminded me of a prohibition/speak-easy type place. So chic! We got there before it was busy, so it was great to 'own' the place for a little bit.

IMG_3701

Cheers with Lauren and Jess! I was lovin' the delish mojitos! They made some awesome drinks here.

IMG_3711

Our lovely group!

IMG_3714

I believe Rachael and Lauren are reenacting a Fabio moment!

IMG_3726

Having fun with our accessories!

IMG_3740

Uh oh. Someone ordered the bride a shot.

IMG_3744

Celebrating with the Irish Princess!

IMG_3700

Such cute gals!

IMG_3713

And lastly, a favorite pic with the bride-to-be. I love you, Joanna! I'm so excited for you and can't wait until April 14!

Cheers to a good time in Big D!


8 responses. Leave a Comment!:

Sarah said...

It looks like ya'll had a fabulous weekend! And meeting Fabio...how fun!

Anonymous said...

Such cute pictures. That looks like an absolute blast!!!!!!!!!!! PS I love your dress!

Miss V said...

What a group of gorgeous gals!! Looks like a total blast, the Fabio appearance is a total highlight in my opinion, and nicely done on the gift from your friend...and here I was thinking I had all of my St. Patty's bases covered..why didn't I think of the shamrock applique nightgown!! Sounds super romantical hahahah.. Oh well maybe I'll find it on clearance now that the holiday has passed.. there's always next year ;)

Jenn @ West Sac Honey said...

Ha Fabio! That's funny! But nice he was so polite! Looks like one fun bachelorette!!

Anonymous said...

Looks like one fun Bachelorette weekend!! I love that Fabio was there, hilarious :)

Jamie said...

What a FUN weekend y'all had! I love that y'all got to meet Fabio! ha!

Katy said...

Oh I die!! Fabio!!! Shamrock applique nightgown!! Its all too much. What a fun weekend!!!! A bachie party to go down in history!!!

pay per head said...

seems they all are having fun, keep so girls all look great! congrats

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment. I love to hear from readers and each message means a lot to me!

I respond to questions by email. If you leave a question in your comment, please make sure to list your email address or check your profile settings to ensure that it will be visible to me. I want to be able to write you back! :)