Hello! Welcome to Keeping Up with the Joneses. Thanks for stopping by! We're a young couple living in the East Arkansas/Memphis area otherwise known as The Delta, with a love for family, friends, faith and food.

We believe that some of the best memories are created at home around the dinner table, and when entertaining those you love. This little blog is where I share recipes, wine, our home and our life. Enjoy! -Kendall

What You'll Find:

I love to try new recipes. In fact, I rarely make the same thing twice. I'm a bona-fide cookbook collector, Pinterest addict and magazine aficionado. On the blog, you'll see what I've got cooking.

I love wine, y'all, so from time to time I feature bottles I've loved. Crafts and decorating our little house are passions of mine, so you may see some of that. Thanks for stopping by!

A Warm Bowl of Chili

Everybody needs a good go-to Chili recipe. There are some great recipes that take a long time that are delicious. But a quick, easy dish is good to have on hand, too. 

This is basically how my mom always makes chili. It's comforting and simple. Two of my favorite things! I've added a few things to it and we really love it!

IMG_2824

Mom's Chili

Ingredients:
2 lbs ground beef
1 yellow onion, chopped
1/2 tsp dried oregano
2 cans Bush's Chili Beans, Mild (don't drain)
1 regular-sized can diced tomatoes (don't drain)
1 regular-sized can tomato sauce 
1 can of Rotel (don't drain)
2 packages of Chili Mix (mild) 
2 Tbsp brown sugar
toppings: cheese, corn chips, green onions, sour cream, etc.


Brown beef with the chopped onion. While cooking, add the dried oregano. Drain the beef.

In a large pot, combine the beef mixture, beans, tomatoes, tomato sauce, Rotel, and chili mix. Stir well and allow to cook on low for 25-30 minutes. Stir occasionally throughout. Halfway through, stir in the brown sugar.

Serve with all the fixings. I like to use a mixture of cheese blends, too!

Enjoy!!

7 responses. Leave a Comment!:

Amanda said...

Is it 2 tbsp. brown sugar? It says to stir in the brown sugar halfway through but not listed in the ingredients. This looks delicious and wanting to make it this weekend! :) thanks!

Kendall Jones said...

Thanks, Amanda! I've fixed it above. That's what happens when you blog late at night and watch TV at the same time! :)

Kelli Herrington said...

Girl there is nothing better than a big bowl of Chili in the Fall! This looks amazing and cant wait to give this a try. Thanks for sharing and hope you have a wonderful week girl!

Amanda said...

Ha no problem. I find mistakes on mine all the time! I love following your blog and have tried alot of your recipes and pinned some of them. Can't wait to try this one this weekend. Thanks! :)

Colleen Sullivan said...

This sounds great! Some friends and I are going to have a chili cook off soon!

Maggie Searcy said...

Glad I made chili the same night otherwise I would be craving it all over again! Never have put sour cream on top. I'm totally going to try it next time.

Tina said...

I just pinned this onto interest! Sounds great!

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment. I love to hear from readers and each message means a lot to me!

I respond to questions by email. If you leave a question in your comment, please make sure to list your email address or check your profile settings to ensure that it will be visible to me. I want to be able to write you back! :)