Hello! Welcome to Keeping Up with the Joneses. Thanks for stopping by! We're a young couple living in the East Arkansas/Memphis area otherwise known as The Delta, with a love for family, friends, faith and food.

We believe that some of the best memories are created at home around the dinner table, and when entertaining those you love. This little blog is where I share recipes, wine, our home and our life. Enjoy! -Kendall

What You'll Find:

I love to try new recipes. In fact, I rarely make the same thing twice. I'm a bona-fide cookbook collector, Pinterest addict and magazine aficionado. On the blog, you'll see what I've got cooking.

I love wine, y'all, so from time to time I feature bottles I've loved. Crafts and decorating our little house are passions of mine, so you may see some of that. Thanks for stopping by!

Maple-Bourbon Glazed Salmon

Hey there! I hope everyone's Thanksgiving was just wonderful. Thank you so much for all of the sweet comments on my last post. I treasured each of them!

This is a delicious salmon recipe I made a few weeks ago. It was very easy and tasted SO amazing! It comes from a Pampered Chef cookbook I've been using more of lately. I've been pleased with the results of everything I've made.

IMG_2832

Maple-Bourbon Glazed Salmon

Ingredients:
1/2 cup pure maple syrup
1/4 cup cider vinegar
2 Tbsp whole-grain Dijon mustard
2 garlic cloves, pressed
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1 Tbsp bourbon
4 skinless salmon fillets
1 Tbsp Crushed Peppercorn and Garlic Seasoning (this is a Pampered Chef product, any garlic-pepper blend will work)

Combine syrup, vinegar, mustard, pressed garlic, salt and black pepper in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on high 6-8 minutes or until reduced by half. Cool slightly; add bourbon and set aside.

Heat a grill pan over medium heat 5 minutes. Season salmon with rub. Lightly spray pan with nonstick cooking spray; add salmon top side down. Cook 10-12 minutes or until salmon flakes easily with a fork, turning once. Brush salmon with glaze during last minute of cooking using basting brush. Pour any remaining glaze over salmon before removing from pan.

IMG_2839

I served this with the Pecan-Crusted Mozzarella Salad - it was heaven! We only did 2 salmon fillets, but made the same amount of sauce so we would have plenty of extra to top them with.

I have so many things to post over the next few days! I have recipes backed up and pictures of our house decorated for Christmas coming soon....stay tuned!

0 responses. Leave a Comment!:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment. I love to hear from readers and each message means a lot to me!

I respond to questions by email. If you leave a question in your comment, please make sure to list your email address or check your profile settings to ensure that it will be visible to me. I want to be able to write you back! :)