Hello! Welcome to Keeping Up with the Joneses. Thanks for stopping by! We're a young couple living in the East Arkansas/Memphis area otherwise known as The Delta, with a love for family, friends, faith and food.

We believe that some of the best memories are created at home around the dinner table, and when entertaining those you love. This little blog is where I share recipes, wine, our home and our life. Enjoy! -Kendall

What You'll Find:

I love to try new recipes. In fact, I rarely make the same thing twice. I'm a bona-fide cookbook collector, Pinterest addict and magazine aficionado. On the blog, you'll see what I've got cooking.

I love wine, y'all, so from time to time I feature bottles I've loved. Crafts and decorating our little house are passions of mine, so you may see some of that. Thanks for stopping by!

Celebrating our 3rd

Last week, we had a wonderful 3rd anniversary celebration! For our first anniversary, we were at the beach, and for our second anniversary Keith went overboard with this surprise. So, this year, I was really excited to just have a nice dinner out in Memphis at a restaurant I've always wanted to try. We went to Flight and it was fabulous! Here are the pics:

Before the night got started, Keith spoiled me a bit during the day. He picked me up at work for lunch at Bhan Thai and had these little beauties in the car:

photo1

photo

3 daisies for 3 great years!

Ok, now on to the evening....

IMG_1779

We snapped a few pics before heading out! The weather was really nice on the summer solstice!

IMG_1782

IMG_1429

Flight_Home_Header_aoe

Dinner at flight was SO good!! Everything is flight-style and comes in small portions, and you can choose coordinating wine flights with small pours. It was so fun!

IMG_1439

We loved sampling the yummy wines! And we left totally stuffed.....

Oh, and this year's traditional gift was leather. We do follow the traditions and it's pretty fun! Since we stayed in town for our anniversary, we decided to splurge on each other's leather gifts. Woohoo!

902045_fpx

This little pretty is my gift, and I adore it! It's a lovely little Coach, and I feel as excited about it as I probably would a new car :) Oh, and my hubs went the extra mile and got me some Banana sunglasses in a leather case. He's too good!

Screen shot 2011-06-22 at 1.41.17 PM

And I got Keith this rugged, manly bag. It's really nice and will hold lots of stuff. He needed a new piece of luggage, too!

All around, it was a wonderful, romantic, sweet anniversary. We love to surprise and spoil each other! As much as we loved our night out and fancy gifts, the best part of our marriage is the regular, every day stuff. It's fun to get dressed up and make things special, but I love nights at home in pjs watching a movie just the same.

Thanks for a fabulous anniversary, Keith. I can't wait to celebrate number 4!

3 responses. Leave a Comment!:

Melissa said...

I've heard that Flight is amazing!

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary :) Flight sounds like a wonderful place for a romantic dinner...

alissa {33shadesofgreen} said...

Happy Anniversary! Loving your new bag!

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment. I love to hear from readers and each message means a lot to me!

I respond to questions by email. If you leave a question in your comment, please make sure to list your email address or check your profile settings to ensure that it will be visible to me. I want to be able to write you back! :)