One year ago, I woke up the happiest girl in the world.
I spent the day with my best friends lounging and getting ready.

I anxiously awaited marrying my groom! He couldn't wait either...
I had my something old, new, borrowed, and blue...
One year ago, I was the bride I had been dreaming about being since I was little...
We were surrounded with people we love and adore
Our closest friends and families were there to witness the biggest day of our lives...
And one year ago, the moment we'd waited for had finally come!
We were Mr and Mrs :)
One year ago, I danced the sweetest dance with my dad. I'll never forget his contagious happiness that day, too. (Happy Father's Day, Dad. I love you!)
We enjoyed the cake and champagne....
One year ago, we left as "just married" newlyweds.
And one year later...we still feel just married :)
We're thankful for the blessings we've had this first year and pray for many more years of wonderful marriage!
Here are a few pics from our celebration at the beach:
We had beautiful weather and enjoyed every second!
In fact, the weather was so good that no matter how much sunscreen we applied, we got burnt. In the above picture, you can see the strings on the back of my top-- at the end of that day I had an exact white mark of where they were tied in a bow. Everything else was hot pink. Though hilarious, it was painful! I guess SPF 45 isn't strong enough these days!
Special anniversary dinner out at Marina Cafe in Destin.
Then we had champagne and cake....
The top layer was strawberry and believe it or not, one year later, it was fabulous! We even had leftover grooms cake and it was great, too. I think we both said it over and over again how surprised we were that it wasn't awful!
One year later, the best part of the day was watching our entire wedding ceremony DVD. It was so special hearing us say the vows again- we both teared up! After all, those promises we made are the most important things of that day. Not the cake, champagne, gifts or photos. But, the vows. They still give me chills :)
Happy anniversary, Keith! I hope to celebrate 5, 10, 20, 50 more years!







0 responses. Leave a Comment!:
Post a Comment
Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment. I love to hear from readers and each message means a lot to me!
I respond to questions by email. If you leave a question in your comment, please make sure to list your email address or check your profile settings to ensure that it will be visible to me. I want to be able to write you back! :)