Hello! Welcome to Keeping Up with the Joneses. Thanks for stopping by! We're a young couple living in the East Arkansas/Memphis area otherwise known as The Delta, with a love for family, friends, faith and food.

We believe that some of the best memories are created at home around the dinner table, and when entertaining those you love. This little blog is where I share recipes, wine, our home and our life. Enjoy! -Kendall

What You'll Find:

I love to try new recipes. In fact, I rarely make the same thing twice. I'm a bona-fide cookbook collector, Pinterest addict and magazine aficionado. On the blog, you'll see what I've got cooking.

I love wine, y'all, so from time to time I feature bottles I've loved. Crafts and decorating our little house are passions of mine, so you may see some of that. Thanks for stopping by!

Shrimp Chipotle Alfredo

I have a new dinner recipe for you! I've been absent from blogging for a while, and I'm so excited to finally be catching back up on things!

The best part of this recipe is that is comes from Keith, my sweet hubs. You see, he is off from school for a short summer break and, up until this week, has spent his time studying. So, I jokingly said he should make dinner tonight since he had more free time than me :) ...and he surprised me by actually doing it! And the meal was fantastic-o.

IMG_1446

Keith altered this recipe from Kraft quite a bit to make it taste so good. This is one of my new favorites. Here it is!

Shrimp Chipotle Alfredo

Ingredients:
1 package of sliced baby portobella mushrooms
1 tomato, seeded and diced
1 lb fettuccine, uncooked
6 Tbsp butter, divided
2 lb uncooked large shrimp, peeled and deveined
8 oz pkg cream cheese, cubed
1 cup skim milk
3/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
1 Tbsp canned chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, finely chopped
Chopped fresh parsley (optional)


Instructions:

Cook pasta as directed on package, omitting salt.

Meanwhile, melt 2 Tbsp butter in large skillet on medium-high heat. Add shrimp, cook and stir 3 minutes or until shrimp turn pink. Remove shrimp from skillet; cover to keep warm.

Add next 4 ingredients and remaining butter to skillet; cook on low heat 5 minutes or until cream cheese is completely melted and mixture is well blended, stirring constantly with whisk. Stir in the shrimp.

In another skillet, saute mushrooms with a tiny bit of butter and transfer to the sauce skillet. Then, saute the tomatoes for about 2 minutes, and add to the sauce.

Serve sauce over the noodles and sprinkle with chopped parsley.

IMG_1447

Enjoy!!

5 responses. Leave a Comment!:

Anonymous said...

Looks yummy! I love when you come home from work and dinner is prepared. Great job Keith!!

Shari said...

This looks fantastic! Well done hubby!

Kristen {a little ditty} said...

Yum, this sounds delicious. And lately I've been loving anything with chipotle, such a good flavor. Definitely going to have to try this!

alissa {33shadesofgreen} said...

This sounds so good Kendall! Way to go Keith! Going to add this to my Pinterest right now so I don't forget to try it.

annecase said...

I look forward to trying this once I can eat dairy again!! :)

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment. I love to hear from readers and each message means a lot to me!

I respond to questions by email. If you leave a question in your comment, please make sure to list your email address or check your profile settings to ensure that it will be visible to me. I want to be able to write you back! :)