Hello! Welcome to Keeping Up with the Joneses. Thanks for stopping by! We're a young couple living in the East Arkansas/Memphis area otherwise known as The Delta, with a love for family, friends, faith and food.

We believe that some of the best memories are created at home around the dinner table, and when entertaining those you love. This little blog is where I share recipes, wine, our home and our life. Enjoy! -Kendall

What You'll Find:

I love to try new recipes. In fact, I rarely make the same thing twice. I'm a bona-fide cookbook collector, Pinterest addict and magazine aficionado. On the blog, you'll see what I've got cooking.

I love wine, y'all, so from time to time I feature bottles I've loved. Crafts and decorating our little house are passions of mine, so you may see some of that. Thanks for stopping by!

It has arrived....




Dum Dum Dummmmmmm......

P90X was delivered to the Jones home this week. I guess that means I have to actually do the program now. Ughhh, it's gonna totally kick my butt. But, that's what I need!

This all started a few weeks ago when I told Keith I needed his help to get in shape. See, those of you that know me well know that I DON'T WORK OUT. I'm not fit. I don't like diets and I eat whatever I want. For the most part, I'd say it's worked out pretty well for me. But, being that I'm a woman, I can't expect my metabolism to be consistent all the time like a dang man's is. Us gals can loose or gain weight easily when we're depressed, stressed, anxious, etc. It's really not fair. I think my recent "increase" began when my new job became very intense and stressful. I huffed that chocolate for comfort! But, anyway...

The point its, Kendo has put on a few lbs. and it ain't no secret! I'm not "fat" by any means, just out of shape and unhealthly. So, I asked my lean, trim husband for help. His solution? P90X! Extreme home fitness. The word extreme makes me nervous... Seeing as how I haven't had much physical exercise lately, its liable to just be grueling! But, I'm motivated for this (for the first time in my life) and I'm really determined to do it well.

I believe we're planning to officially start the 90 days on Sunday. We're gonna map it out and stick to it religiously. And yes, you can all be jealous when Keith and I appear on next P90X infomercial. I've always wanted to be in one...

0 responses. Leave a Comment!:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment. I love to hear from readers and each message means a lot to me!

I respond to questions by email. If you leave a question in your comment, please make sure to list your email address or check your profile settings to ensure that it will be visible to me. I want to be able to write you back! :)