Hello! Welcome to Keeping Up with the Joneses. Thanks for stopping by! We're a young couple living in the East Arkansas/Memphis area otherwise known as The Delta, with a love for family, friends, faith and food.

We believe that some of the best memories are created at home around the dinner table, and when entertaining those you love. This little blog is where I share recipes, wine, our home and our life. Enjoy! -Kendall

What You'll Find:

I love to try new recipes. In fact, I rarely make the same thing twice. I'm a bona-fide cookbook collector, Pinterest addict and magazine aficionado. On the blog, you'll see what I've got cooking.

I love wine, y'all, so from time to time I feature bottles I've loved. Crafts and decorating our little house are passions of mine, so you may see some of that. Thanks for stopping by!

Catchin' em left and right

We're snatchin' up field mice like clockwork. It's totally gross but at least we're getting rid of them. Actually, doubtful. I'm sure we'll have this problem as long as we live in a field (practically).
Anyway, the traps are set with our delicious Peter Pan Honey Roast Crunchy peanut butter and the mice can't resist it.
This morning as Keith and I were trying to get the courage to wake up and get out of the bed, I heard a SNAP! from somewhere far off in the house. Ewww! Gotcha!
Needless to say, I don't like entering the house after work by myself until Keith gets out the flashlight and "checks the perimeter".

I feel like Eva Gabor on Green Acres.

3 responses. Leave a Comment!:

emili said...

so i grew up in a field and i know exactly how you feel. i dealt with this growing up...and rodents are my biggest fear! i just have shoes around at all times :)

Anonymous said...

Hey, remember when your mom and dad were having mice troubles. We were over one night and your dad caught when in a trap, it was either in the laundry room or in the pantry. Too funny! Love you guys!

Anonymous said...

Whoops, it supposed to say "your dad caught one in a trap..."

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment. I love to hear from readers and each message means a lot to me!

I respond to questions by email. If you leave a question in your comment, please make sure to list your email address or check your profile settings to ensure that it will be visible to me. I want to be able to write you back! :)