Hello! Welcome to Keeping Up with the Joneses. Thanks for stopping by! We're a young couple living in the East Arkansas/Memphis area otherwise known as The Delta, with a love for family, friends, faith and food.

We believe that some of the best memories are created at home around the dinner table, and when entertaining those you love. This little blog is where I share recipes, wine, our home and our life. Enjoy! -Kendall

What You'll Find:

I love to try new recipes. In fact, I rarely make the same thing twice. I'm a bona-fide cookbook collector, Pinterest addict and magazine aficionado. On the blog, you'll see what I've got cooking.

I love wine, y'all, so from time to time I feature bottles I've loved. Crafts and decorating our little house are passions of mine, so you may see some of that. Thanks for stopping by!

Weekend Update

We had originally planned to go to Little Rock this weekend to see friends and my family, but after the long week we both had, we couldn't stand the thought of driving anywhere. So, instead we stayed here and we were extremely lazy! We slept and ate and that's about it. I didn't get out of my PJs until around 3:00 both Saturday & Sunday and it was just pure heaven. We haven't had a "do nothing" weekend since we got married. It was great! I did actually do some laundry, cleaning, and cooking but it was at a very leisurely pace. The olympics have been turned on at all times. Between Michael Phelps and the cute gymnasts, I have been glued. Go USA!

I spent hours looking through pages of my new cookbooks (great wedding presents!) and carefully selecting meals for the week. It was like therapy!
However, I made the mistake of going to Marion's local grocery store. Believe it or not, they didn't have any chicken breasts. How much more basic and American can you get? Isn't Tyson Chicken based here in Arkansas? Hmm.....odd. So, next time, I'll be heading over to West Memphis to either Kroger or Walmart. Tonight, I made a pretty good lasagna. Later this week, I have steak stir-fry and a chicken artichoke casserole on the agenda (that is, if I can round up any poultry). Ahh domestic bliss..... If I make something out-of-this-world, I'll post the recipe!

This weekend, "our" little sister, Meagan Jones headed off to college. Keith and I are sad that she is leaving just as we move into town. But, she's gonna love Fayetteville! She'll be a great Razorback. She's going through rush next week. I plan to go up and visit her on bid day. I have a pretty good feeling she'll be a Delta, but I'm not pressuring her! Good luck, Meagan!

In other news, we finally have a mailbox at our house. The post office had been holding our mail (we hope) until ours was finished by the iron works guy. So, now it should be running to our home. If you get the itch to write some good ole snail mail, we have a gorgeous, empty metal box out front :)

Tomorrow I plan on posting updated house pics! Stay tuned...

PS- Friends in NLR, I miss you like crazy.

0 responses. Leave a Comment!:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment. I love to hear from readers and each message means a lot to me!

I respond to questions by email. If you leave a question in your comment, please make sure to list your email address or check your profile settings to ensure that it will be visible to me. I want to be able to write you back! :)