Hello! Welcome to Keeping Up with the Joneses. Thanks for stopping by! We're a young couple living in the East Arkansas/Memphis area otherwise known as The Delta, with a love for family, friends, faith and food.

We believe that some of the best memories are created at home around the dinner table, and when entertaining those you love. This little blog is where I share recipes, wine, our home and our life. Enjoy! -Kendall

What You'll Find:

I love to try new recipes. In fact, I rarely make the same thing twice. I'm a bona-fide cookbook collector, Pinterest addict and magazine aficionado. On the blog, you'll see what I've got cooking.

I love wine, y'all, so from time to time I feature bottles I've loved. Crafts and decorating our little house are passions of mine, so you may see some of that. Thanks for stopping by!

Ant Adventure

Ah the joys of being a homeowner! We have had a few issues here and there since we moved in. But, none have been as nasty as this one. I came home today to an ANT infestation! Sick, gross, ewe. I know! Apparently there was an ant nest/mound/colony in the back yard. So, they managed to weave their way through the patio, back door, along the hardwood, around the bar, and up to the kitchen sink and wall. There were hundreds. It gave me the heebie jeebies. Keith was playing basketball with some other dental students- so I had to attack the situation on my own. I needed to take care of this before they made it to the pantry! I hopped in my car and headed to Fred's discount store... Marion's finest! I stocked up on ant elimination products (see photo). Bubba behind me at the checkout said, "you must mean business, little lady." Darn right, Bubba.















I ran in the door so fast and sprayed Raid everywhere. I hit every last one. I didn't think about how great it was going to smell in the kitchen. I felt so victorious as they lay there dead. Now, I've set up traps (I prefer to call them Ant Motels), and had the parameter of the house sprayed.

Problem solved.

That's all for now. Until the next adventure...


1 responses. Leave a Comment!:

kara said...

ha, you so have a blog, I love it. This is James wife, Kara. I totally know what you guys are going through with the ants and bugs. We found 15 black widows on the outside of our house on the brick the first week we moved in. I was a little freaked out so we went and got some of that home defense stuff. Anyway, I hope it keeps them out. I HATE spiders.

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment. I love to hear from readers and each message means a lot to me!

I respond to questions by email. If you leave a question in your comment, please make sure to list your email address or check your profile settings to ensure that it will be visible to me. I want to be able to write you back! :)