Hello! Welcome to Keeping Up with the Joneses. Thanks for stopping by! We're a young couple living in the East Arkansas/Memphis area otherwise known as The Delta, with a love for family, friends, faith and food.

We believe that some of the best memories are created at home around the dinner table, and when entertaining those you love. This little blog is where I share recipes, wine, our home and our life. Enjoy! -Kendall

What You'll Find:

I love to try new recipes. In fact, I rarely make the same thing twice. I'm a bona-fide cookbook collector, Pinterest addict and magazine aficionado. On the blog, you'll see what I've got cooking.

I love wine, y'all, so from time to time I feature bottles I've loved. Crafts and decorating our little house are passions of mine, so you may see some of that. Thanks for stopping by!

Bad Casserole

It is with much disappointment that I make this blog post...
Let me set the stage: Keith and I both had a long day. By the time I got home and started thinking about dinner, it was already 8:00. We were tired of leftovers and tired of the local restaurant and fast food choices (remember, we only have about 3 good places for take-out here).

So, I decided to make a quick casserole. I had bought the ingredients to make this chicken artichoke "delight" last week. The recipe sounded pretty good and I like all the things that went into it. Plus, I am a casserole and baking wizard.

Poor Keith was so hungry and tired. He was snacking on all kinds of things waiting for it to be done. I take it out of the oven. It looks good. Smells good.
But, to my dismay, I found that there was too much liquid floating around. Oh well. That's ok. I baked it long enough, any more would have burnt it. Just use a slotted spoon and it will be fine. So, we sit down at the table. Finally. It's 9:02 pm and at last we eat.

We both dig in. Hmmmm. Interesting.
In our efforts to be nice and sweet newlyweds, we said things like "maybe it was too much of the sherry", or "yeah, maybe it just needed a little more cheese." Add salt. Add pepper. Still bad. So, I finally said: "Between the artichokes and mushrooms, this is a little too rubbery!" That just did it for Keith. He couldn't eat any longer, "I wasn't going to say anything, but this is awful!" he said. After the rubber comment, neither one of us could swallow another bite.

So, needless to say, Betty Crocker Jones is feeling a little disappointed in her efforts. I read the recipe again after I cleaned the kitchen. I made it just right. Stupid Recipe, stupid casserole. Never again. Oh well, I guess you win some and loose some!

Here it is, in all its splendor:















Ewwwww.

0 responses. Leave a Comment!:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment. I love to hear from readers and each message means a lot to me!

I respond to questions by email. If you leave a question in your comment, please make sure to list your email address or check your profile settings to ensure that it will be visible to me. I want to be able to write you back! :)