Hello! Welcome to Keeping Up with the Joneses. Thanks for stopping by! We're a young couple living in the East Arkansas/Memphis area otherwise known as The Delta, with a love for family, friends, faith and food.

We believe that some of the best memories are created at home around the dinner table, and when entertaining those you love. This little blog is where I share recipes, wine, our home and our life. Enjoy! -Kendall

What You'll Find:

I love to try new recipes. In fact, I rarely make the same thing twice. I'm a bona-fide cookbook collector, Pinterest addict and magazine aficionado. On the blog, you'll see what I've got cooking.

I love wine, y'all, so from time to time I feature bottles I've loved. Crafts and decorating our little house are passions of mine, so you may see some of that. Thanks for stopping by!

Cranberry-Orange Bundt Cakes

Last weekend I made the most adorable baby bundts! I recently bought a mini-bundt baking pan from Target's seasonal Easter section and couldn't wait to bake something bite-sized in it. After flipping through my pound cake recipes, I came across this Cooking Light one that I tore out of their December magazine. They were easy to make and turned out so moist and delicious. You would never think it was from a 'light' magazine!

IMG_3815


Cranberry-Orange Bundt Cakes

Ingredients:
Baking spray with flour (such as Baker's Joy)
13 1/2 ounces all-purpose flour (about 3 cups) 
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 3/4 cups granulated sugar
12 tablespoons butter, softened 
3 large eggs 
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3/4 cup low-fat buttermilk
1 cup sweetened, dried cranberries
1/2 cup fresh orange juice
2 cups powdered sugar
1/4 cup fresh orange juice (I bought one large orange, but really needed 2)
1 tablespoon butter, melted 
2 teaspoons grated orange rind

IMG_3792

Gather all of your ingredients together. When I cook, especially baking, I like to get out everything I need at the beginning.

IMG_3795

Preheat oven to 350 and coat your baking pan or pans well with cooking spray. My pan had 12 bundt molds. The batter was enough for me to do 3 batches of cakes. It would have been much faster with 2 pans! I may go buy the other one soon, hopefully Target still has some!

IMG_3801

Weigh or lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cups, and level with a knife. Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, and 1/2 teaspoon salt in a bowl, stirring well with a whisk.
Place granulated sugar and 12 tablespoons butter in a large bowl; beat with a mixer at medium speed until well blended. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. 

Add flour mixture and buttermilk alternately to butter mixture, beginning and ending with flour mixture.

IMG_3802

When it's all combined, this is what your batter will look like.

IMG_3803

Next, measure the cranberries and grab your oranges - I really needed 2 instead of 1 to get enough juice. Before you juice your orange, go ahead and zest it for the icing.
IMG_3805

Set the zest aside. Combine dried cranberries and 1/2 cup orange juice in a microwave-safe dish. Microwave at HIGH for 1 minute; let stand 10 minutes.

IMG_3806

This mixture smells pretty good after microwaving!

IMG_3807

Fold cranberry mixture into batter.

IMG_3810

Spoon batter evenly into prepared pans. Only fill about half full. I filled my first batch too close to the top and they had major bundt bottoms!

Bake at 350° for 18 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in centers comes out with moist crumbs clinging. Cool 5 minutes in pans on a wire rack; remove from pans.

IMG_3811

Combine powdered sugar, 1/4 cup fresh orange juice, melted butter, and grated orange rind, stirring until smooth.

IMG_3812

Dip tops of cooled cakes in glaze; let stand until set.

IMG_3816

Baby bundts are about the cutest thing ever. They are irresistible! Perfectly bite-sized, these would be great for Easter, a wedding or baby shower, holiday gifts, or just a Sunday treat. I took over half of mine to work and they were gone within an hour. I kept a small batch for us and had a baby cake each morning for breakfast.....hey, they're very breakfast-y!

IMG_3825

 YUM! Enjoy :)

4 responses. Leave a Comment!:

Camille said...

Those look super yummy! I will try this recipe out!

Colleen Sullivan said...

These look so good! Like little donuts!

I think we have the same teacup measuring cups!

Shari said...

Yum! These look delicious! :)

pay per head said...

just to do with children and have a good time sharing

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment. I love to hear from readers and each message means a lot to me!

I respond to questions by email. If you leave a question in your comment, please make sure to list your email address or check your profile settings to ensure that it will be visible to me. I want to be able to write you back! :)