Hello! Welcome to Keeping Up with the Joneses. Thanks for stopping by! We're a young couple living in the East Arkansas/Memphis area otherwise known as The Delta, with a love for family, friends, faith and food.

We believe that some of the best memories are created at home around the dinner table, and when entertaining those you love. This little blog is where I share recipes, wine, our home and our life. Enjoy! -Kendall

What You'll Find:

I love to try new recipes. In fact, I rarely make the same thing twice. I'm a bona-fide cookbook collector, Pinterest addict and magazine aficionado. On the blog, you'll see what I've got cooking.

I love wine, y'all, so from time to time I feature bottles I've loved. Crafts and decorating our little house are passions of mine, so you may see some of that. Thanks for stopping by!

Wine Friday: Casillero del Diablo Cabernet Sauvignon

TGIF! Happy Friday, friends! This has been a busy week for our social calendar, and the weekend will not be slowing down! Whatever your plans are, maybe you can find time to relax with a bottle of vino. We have two showers and a wedding this weekend, so I'm sure many cheers will be in order.

 wine fridays

Here are a few phone pics from our week:

photo

This was the view on my drive home one evening. Gorgeous!

photo1

The view from the Madison Hotel rooftop - a lovely place to see the Might Mississippi River!

photo2

The patio at Alfred's on Beale Street last night. The weather was great and there were lots of happy Memphis Grizzlies fans after the big win!


So, where ever the weekend takes you, here's a great bottle of wine that I occasionally keep stocked in my wine barrel.


Concha y Toro Casillero del Diablo - Cabernet Sauvignon
Year: 2010
Origin: Chili
Average Price: $10
About the wine: Casillero del Diablo Cabernet Sauvignon is named The Finest Value Cabernet on the planet, by the renowned wine critic Matthew Jukes, in the British newspaper Daily Mail. So, you know this will be good. It's also the most famous Chilean wine in the world. Pair with red meats, spicy dishes and ripe cheeses such as Gruyere or blue cheese.

A fun fact about this wine for you: Don Melchor, found of Concha y Toro Winery, created the wine legend when, to keep strangers away from his private reserve he spread the rumor that the devil lived in the cellar. Hence the name, Casillero del Diablo, or House of the Devil.
 
They have a pretty awesome website, check it out for pairing recipes!

Happy Weekend!
 

1 responses. Leave a Comment!:

Kristen {a little ditty} said...

Ooh, I love cabs and only $10? I definitely need to check this one out. SO happy it is finally Friday:) Have a good weekend!

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment. I love to hear from readers and each message means a lot to me!

I respond to questions by email. If you leave a question in your comment, please make sure to list your email address or check your profile settings to ensure that it will be visible to me. I want to be able to write you back! :)