Hello! Welcome to Keeping Up with the Joneses. Thanks for stopping by! We're a young couple living in the East Arkansas/Memphis area otherwise known as The Delta, with a love for family, friends, faith and food.

We believe that some of the best memories are created at home around the dinner table, and when entertaining those you love. This little blog is where I share recipes, wine, our home and our life. Enjoy! -Kendall

What You'll Find:

I love to try new recipes. In fact, I rarely make the same thing twice. I'm a bona-fide cookbook collector, Pinterest addict and magazine aficionado. On the blog, you'll see what I've got cooking.

I love wine, y'all, so from time to time I feature bottles I've loved. Crafts and decorating our little house are passions of mine, so you may see some of that. Thanks for stopping by!

Dental Prom, the Last Chapter

Student Doctor Keith Jones is one short month away from graduation! He has now completed all requirements, tests and state boards - and passed with flying colors, of course. Now, we simply wait for graduation day and his license to come in. Before we know it, he'll be working away as Keith Jones, D.D.S. Pretty exciting! As tough as school has been, we have enjoyed these years, and made wonderful friends. One of the highlights of the year is the annual G.V. Black Formal, aka DENTAL PROM! This was our last one, and we went out with a bang. Here are the pics!

IMG_4161

We celebrated the occasion at our friends, Ashley and Jaycob's, house.

IMG_4166

I insisted that everyone go outside for pictures, like some kind of camera-toting annoying helicopter mom at prom. In the end, everyone was glad I did!

IMG_4167

Miles and Caitlin

IMG_4172

Ashley & Jaycob - they look like they could be on Dancing with the Stars!

IMG_4176

A handsome group of guys!

IMG_4178

Ladies!

IMG_4182

Then, we decided to take tacky posed prom pics. If only we had corsages and boutineers!

IMG_4186

Stephen and Amanda ham it up

IMG_4197

Hugs from sweet girls! I just love these adorable ladies - Kirsten, Brooke and Caitlin - members of my new 'cooking club'. Right now, it's just a thought, but I would love to actually start it!

IMG_4198

Keith and Miles - the best of friends. I'm so thankful that dental school brought these guys together!

IMG_4200

Things just got sassier as the night progressed. I didn't take near as many pictures at the actual party. We had a wonderful time and the night went by way too fast...just like these last 4 years of school. I'm sad it was our last dental prom, but I know this next chapter in life will be full of new adventures!

6 responses. Leave a Comment!:

Katy said...

Awe Kendall you look so pretty in the green dress!! And your hair is looong!! So glad to see y'all had fun!!!!

Jody said...

So glad you guys had fun!! You all looked gorgeous in the pictures, I really love your green dress! I always wished I had fun things like that to dress up for. Congrats to your husband :)

Shari said...

I love your dress! Looks like a great time!

Miss V said...

Looks like an absolute blast! Love the prom photos nice touch. A huge congrats to the hubby!! And to his lovely wife for being so supportive and proud.xoxo

Sarah said...

Such cute pics - AND, I noticed that everyone has BEAUTIFUL teeth! :)

Anonymous said...

Love your dress! What a fun night to celebrate all that hard work!! :)

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment. I love to hear from readers and each message means a lot to me!

I respond to questions by email. If you leave a question in your comment, please make sure to list your email address or check your profile settings to ensure that it will be visible to me. I want to be able to write you back! :)