Hello! Welcome to Keeping Up with the Joneses. Thanks for stopping by! We're a young couple living in the East Arkansas/Memphis area otherwise known as The Delta, with a love for family, friends, faith and food.

We believe that some of the best memories are created at home around the dinner table, and when entertaining those you love. This little blog is where I share recipes, wine, our home and our life. Enjoy! -Kendall

What You'll Find:

I love to try new recipes. In fact, I rarely make the same thing twice. I'm a bona-fide cookbook collector, Pinterest addict and magazine aficionado. On the blog, you'll see what I've got cooking.

I love wine, y'all, so from time to time I feature bottles I've loved. Crafts and decorating our little house are passions of mine, so you may see some of that. Thanks for stopping by!

Wine Friday: Syrah 2008

Happy Friday! I've missed the last few Wine Fridays for various reasons and I've definitely missed doing it! Things have been so busy - we've traveled 3 weekends in a row and I'm delighted to not be packing a bag right now! The weather has been absolutely wonderful and our patio is currently our favorite spot in the house. 

And patios are a perfect place for wine...

wine fridays 

On Wednesday night, Keith's mother came over for dinner since his Dad was out of town for work. We enjoyed a nice evening on the patio, and grilled this dessert afterwards! Yum.

photo2


And while on the patio, we enjoyed some delicious syrah...

photo

Anne: Thanks for my orange napkins - I love using them 'cuz they match my patio candle! :)


Here's the wine, and it was really tasty:

114701d


Magnificent Wine Company - Syrah
Year: 2008
Origin: Columbia Valley, Washington
Average Price: $16-19
About the wine: I love the simple black and white labels that are iconic of this winemakers' line. I have loved all of the ones I've tried. This syrah was great, a little on the lighter side, with hints of blueberry. YUM!

Have a great weekend - cheers!

3 responses. Leave a Comment!:

Courtney McShan said...

Once these babies get here, I plan on starting from the first Wine Friday post and working my way to catching up :) We need to see each other before they get here!

Melissa said...

You guys are so cute! I have never tried this wine before--Ill have to try it out soon. :) Hope your weekend is great!

All About the Armes' said...

Hey Kendall! Where did you get the cute orange candle you have on your table? I love it!

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment. I love to hear from readers and each message means a lot to me!

I respond to questions by email. If you leave a question in your comment, please make sure to list your email address or check your profile settings to ensure that it will be visible to me. I want to be able to write you back! :)